Starting TODAY 4/21... new to whole30!!

jackiespray

Hello All!!  I am starting today as a first-timer to the Whole30 program.  My husband and I are actually going through this together so we can both stay on track and hold each other accountable.  Since the arrival of our twins 7 months ago, we have not been eating or working out like we used to.  We love cooking together so we are anxious to get some new recipes to try.  Both of us are looking forward to being back in shape and living a healthier lifestyle, just now with two little ones!

Last night we made grilled chicken and veg (green onions, white onions, jalepenos, green peppers, and carrots) curry with complaint unsweet coconut milk and thai kitchen red curry paste. We served this on romaine boats (organic of course). I have to say it was quite delish and we will be eating it for lunch again! 

How was day 1 for everyone else?

Any really good meals?

My husband and I started yesterday too!  I made a delicious spread today for wraps and to use as a salad dressing.

2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped

2 avocado

1/2 cup cilantro

juice of 1/2 lemon

Trader Joe's garlic salt to taste

Blend all in food processor

Super yummy and I'm liking it as a mayo replacement.

My husband and I started yesterday too!  I made a delicious spread today for wraps and to use as a salad dressing.

2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped

2 avocado

1/2 cup cilantro

juice of 1/2 lemon

Trader Joe's garlic salt to taste

Blend all in food processor

Super yummy and I'm liking it as a mayo replacement.

MMM That does sound yummy!

Those sound great!  I will have to try both of those recipes.  I made a good breakfast egg "muffin", I seem to have trouble on breakfast foods because I usually don't eat much for breakfast or used to grab a yogurt.  So I'm trying new things for breakfast, here it is:

6 eggs

1/4 yellow onion

1/4 orange bell pepper

handful of broccoli

few sun dried tomatoes 

I used ghee to grease the muffin tins.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour in muffin tins.  I baked them at 350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.  They were great heated up in the morning too.

Do any of you know if Tabasco sauce is an approved item we can use?  I love spicy food, let me know your thoughts!

Archived