round 3- whole30!

jessieneff

back at it! on round 3 of whole30. its the best thing for me - and I feel great when I am doing it/completed.

the last few weeks have been trying- had a kitchen accident that left me with stitches in my fingertips (never using a mandoline again!) which really knocked me down, and off plan.

I am turning 30 in 6 weeks - so what better way to ring in the next decade than to complete another whole30.

Day 1:

*I usually wake up at 5 for the gym, but today I took off due to a very long weekend with family & inlaws. Back at it tomorrow!

Breakfast:

slice of PaleoOMG meat crust quiche (breakfast sausage, sweet pots, broccoli & eggs)

half of avocado

5 strawberries

Lunch:

two chicken wings (ghee & hot sauce - compliant)

1 leftover slice of PaleoOMG southwest meatloaf

string beans

half of avocado

Snack:

homemade guac with carrots

Dinner:

2 scotch eggs & string beans

with tons of water to get me through the day!

Hi! I noticed your title that you were starting round 3 of Whole30 and I just had to see how you're doing. I love your breakfast ideas. :)

I'm starting round 2 without a break or adding anything...just jumping in and keep on keeping on, I guess.

So sorry that you had a kitchen accident! I just walk into the kitchen and I can be an accident---cooking is not my forte so cooking this way with veggies has been interesting, but easy enough.

Best wishes!

thank you everyone for your support and kind words!! fingers are much better - still have limited feeling in the tip of the one, but hey - I have them! I can't complain :)  Good luck to everyone with their current, or upcoming whole30!

Day 2:

crossfit at 6am

i forgot pre/post WOD snack, I will have to work on this - because I am HANGRY haha!

Breakfast:

slice of meat crust quiche, half avocado & 5 strawberries

Lunch:

4 chicken wings (hot sauce & Ghee) with string beans/broccoli

half avocado

snack:

plantain chips

Dinner:

cracklin chicken from nom nom paleo, 1/2 apple with almond butter/raisins & string beans

woooo one weekend down, 3 to go. It wasn't as terrible as I thought. Challenging at times, had to remind myself I am doing this to become to feel better! Which I already do in just one week. 

My husband and I bought an old house from the 1800's and we are revnovating and bringing it back to its glory. So its really hard to stay on track when you are working hard all day and everyone is over eating cookies and pizza. BUT - it gave me so much energy to keep going.

Another challenge was going home and my mom having my favorite pizza and cupcakes from a local rest. It hurt a little, but I really enjoyed my scottish eggs instead. And when everyone else was complaining about being so stuffed and full, I said I FEEL GREAT!

I didn't do a log this weekend, but I promise I was compliant.

Day 8

post wod - 1 hardboiled egg

breakfast-

slice meat crust quiche, 1/2 avocado & peaches

lunch:

two sausages, sweet potato/apple mash with broccoli, half avocado

dinner:

pork ribs, broccoli & 1/2 sweet potato

day 9

post wod - hardboiled egg

breakfast-

slice meat crust quiche, 1/2 avocado & peaches

lunch:

pieces of london broil, side salad with tom, cucs, olive and half avocado.

snack:

celery sticks with almond butter & raisins

dinner:

pork ribs, broccoli & 1/2 sweet potato

crossfit comp on saturday! normally i would have some protien shakes and what not, now I need to figure out what to bring!

day 11

breakfast-

slice meat crust quiche, small applesauce

lunch:

leftover london broil (3-4 small pieces) salad wtih olives, cucs, 1/2 avo & tomato. 3 small chunks of each: watermelon and pineapple

snack:

plantian chips

dinner:

grass fed burgers!

Archived