Compliant Starbucks?

wardcm562

I remember reading a post where someone's favorite Whole 30 drink at Starbucks is a chai tea with a shot of expresso and dash of cinnamon. You would just have to make sure the barista understands that you want the tea bag ONLY and not a chai latte. I keep meaning to try it, but haven't gotten around to it yet! 

Just to warn you, the passion tea can be quite bitter, especially if it's been steeped for too long.  (When I worked at Starbucks was steeped for anything from 2 minutes to until the hot water had gone cold.)

You can actually ask them to do any of the teas iced for you, so long as you're happy to wait 3 or 4 minutes for your drink. 

I remember reading a post where someone's favorite Whole 30 drink at Starbucks is a chai tea with a shot of expresso and dash of cinnamon. You would just have to make sure the barista understands that you want the tea bag ONLY and not a chai latte. I keep meaning to try it, but haven't gotten around to it yet! 

I've been to Starbucks and Caribou Coffee and neither of them actually have chai tea bags, just the Tazo Chai Tea Latte mix. I was really excited to try this drink! 

I've ordered this before and it's really pretty good! If I plan ahead I like to bring some coconut milk to add to it as well.  they always look at me funny when I say I want the brewed tea and not the latte, but so far I've haven't had any issues.

I got a box of iced passion tea bags that are meant for a 64-ounce pitcher at Target last week. I made it last night and it's delicious! At $3 for 4 64-oz pitchers of tea, it's a cheaper option than buying at Starbucks. Just a heads up.

Hello!  These beverages are compliant:

Hot:

Americano

Brewed Coffee

Hot tea (about a dozen options for flavor.  My favorite is China Green Tips)

Espresso, ask them to "save" the shots with a touch of water

Cold:

Iced tea, unsweetened.  Black, Green, and Passion will be ready, other flavors will take a few mins

Iced Coffee, unsweetened.

tempted to try the Tazo teas!! Whats the difference between having it as an iced tea and an iced chai tea latte?!

Whats the difference between having it as an iced tea and an iced chai tea latte?!

Iced chai tea latte at Starbucks has milk or soy milk added. Iced tea could be chai or several other flavors of tea but no milky substance; just cold tea over ice. I believe they add sweetener unless you ask them not to, but they can make these unsweetened. I used to drink the unsweetened iced green tea all the time, but got out of the habit. It was good.

Also, some tea lattes (like the Chai latte) at starbucks use a sweetened base and not real tea bags.  So even if they don't add extra sweeteners, there is always sugar - same goes for frappuccinos.  you'd be surprised how many baristas either don't know this or don't care to point it out to customers that ask for no sugar added.

Are we allowed to drink frappes? Im not a fan of tea or hot coffee. Or are there any cold drinks that doesn't have tea?

I don't know of any frappe that would not have dairy and/or sugar, so no. You can have iced americano, iced espresso or unsweetened iced coffee.

Are we allowed to drink frappes? Im not a fan of tea or hot coffee. Or are there any cold drinks that doesn't have tea?

Maybe you could try blending cold coffee or espresso with some coconut cream and ice at home?

I take a small amount of coconut milk with me to my weekly Saturday Starbuck's date with my mother.  I get an iced Americano and put my own coconut milk in it.  Of course, this only works if you know you will be stopping...spur of the moment stops would be more difficult.  :)  The taste is probably slightly "acquired", but it allows me to have something with my mom.

I was desperate one day for a frozen coffee drink at Starbucks.  I wasn't on a whole30 and settled on a iced coffee frapucchino.  Problem was, I let them put soy milk in, and their soy milk has added sweeener.  I had to turn it back in because even off my whole30 I can't handle sweetened foods.  They still don't have any milk alternatives other than soy.  I did an extensive search for dairy-free sugar-free drinks at starbucks and found very few.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite W30 order at Starbucks is kind of specific and pretentious, but here we go:

Iced tea

Half passion half black

no water

unsweetened

That gets me a nice strong yummy iced tea with a little caffeine. 

I have made "frappes" at home with iced coffee , coconut milk, cacao powder and ice. However I don't make this a habit because I view it as more of a treat. I switch off between Starbucks iced black coffee or iced coffee with some coconut milk (I bring my own)

Archived