My own Whole30 redux

Johnny M

I'm in an all day training session tomorrow and will be surrounded by people eating a disgusting standard american diet whole30 approved foods. I am dreading cant wait for it. Going to the whole30 seminar in Palo Alto!

Today is day 8 of my new whole30! It has not been without struggle. I had a night out at a bar with a friend friday where it was VERY hard to resist having many ginger lemon martinis....but I did it. Struggle is normal...resistance probably isn't, so be proud of every victory! I'm packing for 4 days in Palm Springs for a work trip. I registered for this conference as "allergic to gluten, sugar, dairy, wheat, and legumes". I'm guessing my "special dietary needs" form silently disappeared so I'm preparing myself for worst case scenario. I HATE traveling. I am a creature of habit and those habits include making yummy meals everyday in my own kitchen so hopefully this helps get me through. Wish me luck!

tumblr_m2wcytyrhy1qzwka3o1_500.png

I'd pack a little pot of vinagerette for your avo & tuna too ...

"Struggle is normal...resistance probably isn't, so be proud of every victory!"

^ I like this!

I cooked a delicous rottisserie style chicken tonight and I so wanted that sticky crispy skin but hey, my restraint was the kids gain.....

Renee I'm on the road and you're making me miss my kitchen! I'm at this conference and food has been downright awful but I'm managing. It's sort of a 3 day booze fest for my coworkers and several tried to coerce me into drinking. I was really close to paleo-fying a cocktail and restarting my whole30 when I get home but I reminded myself im abstaining as a means towards my goals not as punishment. Day 9 is successfully behind me!

"Struggle is normal, resistance probably isn't."

I love this! This may be a new mantra for me! I'm planning ahead for a coworker's party tomorrow night at a (favorite) Mexican restaurant. Your blog has given me some encouragement in staying the course through chip infested rough but not impossible waters.

Hey Johnny, did you drive to this conference or fly? I'm headed to Boston this weekend and was trying to determine if I could get tuna past TSA...

club soda and lime, cocktail of champions. Congrats for staying on the wagon!!

Dana - glad it's helped you! I love that!

Tiffany - I flew. I left the tuna in my bag and figured if TSA didn't like it, no biggie they just throw some attitude them throw it out but they didn't say anything! I just ordered some steak and eggs room service on my company card. I'm prepared to fight to get it approved considering I barely ate yesterday but lunch today will be tuna in my room!

I'd pack a little pot of vinagerette for your avo & tuna too ...

"Struggle is normal...resistance probably isn't, so be proud of every victory!"

^ I like this!

I cooked a delicous rottisserie style chicken tonight and I so wanted that sticky crispy skin but hey, my restraint was the kids gain.....

Why no skin?

oh bummer. i have been relishing my chicken skin, i was worried i was doing something wrong

I love skin too, it's just that particlar one has the sweet skin, and it was part of a good value deal so I forgo the skin.

Archived