Missing lattes and hot chocolate

HalesBS

Im really fed up with not being able to have a nice hot beverage. I dont drink tea and struggle with herbals. I used to drink lattes and a routine hot chocolate at night. Life is tough without a nice hot drink. Im on my first W30 day 16. Any suggestions greatly appreciated xx

Definitely get an immersion blender!  I bought mine for under $20... battery powered.  Canned coconut milk as long as it is free from additives tastes SO GOOD and gives you a jolt of healthy fats.  I also use coconut oil or ghee, but I wouldn't use them if you are not going to buy a blender.

• Moderators

Going without whole milk in my coffee was my biggest fear/challenge on my first Whole30. The first 4 days I drank it black and it was just ok. I appreciate that now I can drink black coffee if no "additions" are available.

If I'm at home, I make a "coco-latte". I use about 1/4 c of coconut milk (full fat) and heat it a little, (sometimes I add a teaspoon of unsweetened cacao), add a splash of coffee and blend with a stick blender. Then fill your cup with more coffee.

The cacao is optional, and it DOES NOT make it sweeter, in fact Hubz prefers it without as he says it makes it a little more bitter. I like the depth of flavor it adds, but often I leave it out.

Post Whole30, this is fine.  But it's not ok on a Whole30: Tom Denham posted yesterday that a similar concoction is SWYPO.

This is a really tricky grey area - I had to chat with Melissa about it, even!  The thing is, we allow Crio Bru (which is hot water and cocoa) as a replacement for coffee, so technically this is compliant. BUT if you're doing it as means to a chocolate fix, then you can definitely consider it SWYPO and not an option.

This is a really tricky grey area - I had to chat with Melissa about it, even!  The thing is, we allow Crio Bru (which is hot water and cocoa) as a replacement for coffee, so technically this is compliant. BUT if you're doing it as means to a chocolate fix, then you can definitely consider it SWYPO and not an option.

d'oh! 

Thanks for clarifying, Robin!

Archived