Day 14- Charlie Horses Anyone?

Nikol

So I'm on day 15. Feeling great, clothes are fitting way looser, hormonal acne breakout on chin gone. I'm sleeping like a baby at night until.... The last 2-3 night's I have been awakened by Charlie horses. Wondering if I'm missing some nutrient or if this is just a part of adjusting. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution? Oh incidentally--- and not related,but funny---I keep having dreams where I accidentally cheat. For example in my dream I'm carrying an ice cream cone to my husband that is melting so I abscent mindedly lick it and then realize my error and panic. I find it funny because during waking hours I have no cravings or desire to eat that stuff.

Hi Nikol,

I have not had charlie horses. I usually get those when I do not drink enough water. So, you might try getting some more water. Maybe your potassium is low too. Maybe try eating a banana the next couple of days. I did the acne breakout though but it has dissipated. I was shocked because I have not had acne since I was a teenager. I have also been having crazy dreams not about eating but just crazy dreaming about all sorts of different things. Things that are just funny or don't go together.

Congrats on Day 15! I am one behind you.

Faith

I have had those also. I have narrowed it down to calcium/magnesium or vitamin D shortage. So I make sure to get plenty of dark, leafy greens, take my fermented cod liver oil, and some cal-mag +D. It goes away within a couple of days.

This won't keep you from getting a charlie horse, but if you do press the spot just under your nose and above your lip. Press it hard and keep pressing it until the charlie horse goes away. I sometimes get them in bed and I just curl up and press that spot and end up falling back asleep. Try the supplements to keep them away, but this helps if one sneaks up on you.

I have had those also. I have narrowed it down to calcium/magnesium or vitamin D shortage. So I make sure to get plenty of dark, leafy greens, take my fermented cod liver oil, and some cal-mag +D. It goes away within a couple of days.

The above is a good remedy and will help relax you if taken in the evening. Make sure you are getting enough sodium as well, especially if you engage in strenuous exercise and/or do not eat a lot of starchy vegetables.

Archived