Is it bad to eat off plan if I feel fine doing it?

So, I'm nearing the end of my reintroduction. Dairy=bad for me. Gluten=not so great either. But legumes and gluten-free grains like corn and rice did not affect me in the slightest.

My question is, if it doesn't make me feel bad, is it bad to eat legumes and gluten free grains? If I'm not sensitive to them, is there any point in giving them up for good?

I also am wondering if gluten is bad to eat if you are not sensitive to it at all (I am sensitive to it I think, but I have friends who wonder).

• Moderators

Read It Starts With Food to fully understand the issues. Basically, all the foods that are off plan for the Whole30 make you less healthy whether they provoke notable symptoms for you or not. You may decide to eat food that makes you less healthy because you love the taste of something, it is more convenient when traveling or eating out, or because it is hard to find healthy alternatives, but I think it is important not to imagine that beans and rice (or gluten) are good for you. Even when you don't notice symptoms, these foods probably irritate your gut a little or at least crowd more nutritious food off your plate and thus leave you a little less well off.  

Archived