How much sweet potato is too much?

Snelson924

On my first whole30 I ate a sweet potato a day. As long as you stick to the meal template, I'd say it's fine.

Do you like beets? and/or plantains? Or butternut squash? Since I've discovered them I eat fewer sweet potatoes. I need my starchy carbs! Daily!

I have the same issue, in that I love to eat them and have about one or two a day (fairly small ones), but I have an office job and no time to exercise at the moment :(

I love sweet potatoes, I have started to only use 1 half of a small sweet potato either for breakfast/lunch/dinner and this gives me what I'd like on my plate without going too overboard, because sometimes I think I'm using the sweet potato as a replacement for actual potato and/or other varieties of starchy sugary carbs that are not paleo or whole 30 compliant - I don't want to get into this habbit so would like to cut down my sweet potato intake to 2/3 per week instead.

I excersise 3 times a week so I don't do it every day which I am aware of. Perhaps once I amp up my excersise I can then justify needing more sweet potato...

I've been eating 1 - 2 small ones every day for the last week or two and I'm very happy with that amount.  I had been losing weight pretty quickly (too quickly -- my precious muscle!) before that and now it seems to have stabilized.  (I lift weights about 3x/week, fwiw.)

Archived