Starting my first W30 May 1st!

tlee83

I'm really excited to get started! I can't purge my kitchen of junk, unfortunately, due to a reluctant husband, BUT I plan to designate areas for my real food.

I suffer from reflux, a slow gallbladder, sliding hiatal hernia & a possible ulcer (all diagnosed when I turned 30, but I had symptoms for years - things I thought were normal!) So i get heartburn, indigestion & bloating a lot. I also get lots of random aches & pains, joint pain & migraines. Oh, and I'm a binge-eater, a bad habit I'm hoping to break.

It'll be interesting to see if anything proves to be food related & improves. :)

My biggest obstacle is going to be Sundays. Not only is lunch (usually deli meat, bread and LOTS of sweets) served at church, but my husband's family (30+ people) gets together for supper most Sunday nights.. and aside from salad - not always served - I won't be able to eat anything served. I'm thinking I'll eat before going to Sunday supper rather than always taking my own. Not sure about lunch.

Welcome to the party! I don't have a gallbladder and had acid reflux. I take digestive enzymes and it helps alot. I also take Beta TCP which helps digest fat, very helpful for people without or with a slow gallbladder. My acid reflux dissapeard on my whole30. Good Luck!

Thank you! I'm definitely ready to feel good and learn back some good eating habits. 30 days without caffeinated drinks will do me good, too. I don't consume a lot (I'm mostly a water-drinker), but when I do, I get really anxious & edgy.. and almost angry! Definitely not how I want to feell!

I'm planning to start a W30 on May 1st too. This will be my 3rd official Whole30 with a 4th (trial run that I botched) last May. I successfully stayed Whole30 compliant all of last June-July but have fallen off the paleo wagon too far lately. There may be a wedding in my near-ish future, so I'm ready to start dropping some lbs. and have the proper motivation to do so. 

As far as health concerns/issues go, I have fibromyalgia, suffer from migraines, seasonal allergies, and have depression too. I noticed that nearly all symptoms of each of these conditions were all but 100% gone after my Whole60 (two W30s back to back) last summer. I'm hoping for the same results this time around, too. 

Good luck to everyone starting on May 1st. I look forward to checking back regularly to see everyone's progress and (expected) frustrations during this important health transition. 

I'm new around here and starting on May 1 as well. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism, so I'm looking to deal with the symptoms of those conditions as well as my allergies, migraines and host of other issues that have been plaguing me for years! My hubs and family is reluctant as well, but they begrudgingly have agreed. Hopefully this means that everyone will be feeling better in 30 days! 

I'm also starting on the 1st. This will be my second official Whole 30 and can't wait to get it going and get past the first two weeks. My motivation this time around is just trying to get myself back into the shape and form that I was in around this time last year from eating right and getting the much needed sleep I never knew I was missing. So here's to a great Whole 30 and can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!!

I'm also staring May 1st. I just finished a whole 30(45) for Lent. Took last week off and decided to start again this week. This time I'm cutting out eggs and hot spices/peppers in hopes that it will clear up some of the skin issues I'm having. (I'm 33, I shouldn't have acne!)

Anyways, you mentioned taking your own food to church on Sundays. I would say go for it! At work, I have a LOT of lunch meetings and when I first started the whole 30, I thought people would look at me weird if I brought my own food. Not only did people not care what I was eating, the times that they did notice was when they thought my food looked better then what they were having.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm starting on May 1st as well, I'm also looking forward to seeing how my body improves over the 30 days. 

I agree, nothing wrong with taking your own meal to church, especially as it is for your own health, good luck!  :)

Archived