Hemp protien powder

sweetrunning

Hi all-

I'm done with the whole 30 but have kept most habits as I feel amazing! Question- I want to add back in smoothies from time to time and my friend buys nutiva hemp protien powder. I want to try it- any complaints on hemp? Also I could do this raw gluten free garden for life raw powder as I was fine with gluten free grains. Wheats another story though. Any suggestions on good protien powders without additives?

• Moderators

I moved your post to the Post Whole30 Log section. It is not appropriate for the Can I have section because that is specific to the Whole30.

No protein powder measures up. Hemp fails to measure up in two ways. It is a powder and it is plant protein, which does not provide the range of amino acids animal protein does. 

smoothies are not a good choice, even with protein powder mixed in, unless you are having trouble getting enough calories to support your activity. Are you undernourished? If not, I would consider a smoothie a treat and treat it as such: you are post whole30, so have it if you want it and only when you think it is worth it, not in place of a meal. I wouldn't bother with hemp.

If you are in the "can't eat enough food" camp and are introducing smoothies to try and get to a healthy weight, you might want to test grass-fed whey protein powder. For people who tolerate it, that provides a better protein profile than hemp.

Archived