Day-long business trip with flights...help?

DanielleM

So I plan my Whole30 in the tiny 35 day window I have between business trips- and wouldn't you know it? On my Day 24 & 25, I have to fly up to Seattle for a meeting. I'll have to have dinner on day 24, and all 3 meals with me on day 25. And it will all have to be in a carry-on. I don't know where I am staying yet, so I don't know if there will be an option to eat out. I don't know if there will be a fridge. 

I could, potentially, do primal pacs for all these meals. Lunch is probably going to be provided- yikes! - and will have nothing compliant except maybe (hopefully?) salad without dressing. I'll be with clients, so I can't make too much of a fuss at lunch, especially if it's provided. I'm thinking I can navigate that if I just have salad and a primal pack or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Andria

Oooh, that's tough.  I would suggest tinned oysters, sardines, salmon, tuna and/or chicken (don't forget the can opener! the oysters and sardines don't need an opener); cut up raw veggies; avocado for fat if you can pack it without it smushing or small cans of sliced olives.

Best of Luck!

It's a weird situation. I know there are lots of ideas out there- and trust me, I've read them. I don't see a lot of them working in my scenario, though...

I did find out where my hotel will be- there is a Chipolte near by, which helps a lot. I also ordered Primal Pacs and Epic Bars (the beef one with compliant ingredients) to have on hand for breakfast and lunch. I think I will be able to get home for dinner on day 25- which is good.

I have many work functions with dinner or traveling and it is possible to make it work.

Bring boiled eggs and put them on ice in the ice bucket at the hotel if there is no refrigerator. That is your breakfast and can be added to a salad for lunch.

When you eat out, make sure the server/organizer knows you cannot have ANY milk or gluten. With that removed you can usually eat the protein and veggies and leave out grains or anything else off plan in the dish served. If you stuff your purse with nuts and dried/fresh fruit for emergencies, you are covered.

It might not be possible to stick with the perfect proportions of the meal plan, but you can definitely stay compliant. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived