New to Whole30 and Paleo

rosestara

Day 17

I had my first food dream while on this plan. It was a really weird dream I was having breakfast in a strange place and a religious man had prepared this meal that was symbolic of his faith. It had 3 proteins and 3 vegetables but they were prepared weirdly and had stranges colors like beet red and orange but it was vegetables that shouldn't be that color. Off to the side was a plate of cresant rolls and a coffee cup full of red wine. I thought the food was odd even in the dream but I was happy to be able to drink wine for breakfast. I drank the wine and ate a little of the bread and just picked at the weird vegetables and protein.

Day 19 I feel the opposite of tiger blood. I have no energy at all, not even a normal amount. I don't know why I am so tired. I feel as though I am eating enough and getting enough fat. I also get 7 to 8 hours sleep every night. It is so annoying. I want to exercise but I am too tired to do it.

Meal 1 butternut squash and sweet potato hash cooked in coconut oil with 2 scrambled eggs and 2 us wellness beef sliders

Meal 2 pulled pork lettuce wraps with tomatoes, guacomole, red cabbage and apple slaw

Meal 3 Shrimp curry stir fry in coconut oil, coconut milk. onions, bell peppers and spinach (this was really good)

All recipes and pictures on my blog

I think you're hitting the "I am so over this" phase, which is marked by loss of appetite, fatigue, and serious doubts about why one is doing this. It's also your body trying to undermine you and get you to quit and go back to your previous lifestyle. It goes away in a few days. You're doing great!

I have not checked out your blog or looked at any of your other meals, but do you always have the starchier carbs in the morning?  If so, maybe try switching it up -- have them at night instead.  I know, this may go against {insert the plethora of places you can read advice re: carbs}, but I have heard solid arguments for having carbs at night if you are going to have them.  May be worth a shot.  I know I feel pretty awesome having a high-protein breakfast.  Too much starch thrown in at the wrong times of my day makes me sleepy.

Archived