My first Whole30 starts Monday 28 April!

BlueFizz

It will be difficult as I will have to juggle preparing meals for a 9 & 11 year old (trust me, I have tried making them Paleo recipes before & they won't eat them) but I need to give myself a swift kick up the backside & get healthier!

Congratulations! I would search the forum for whole30 with kids. Actually search google " whole30 with kids" you will get the best results. Check out nom nom paleo, she is a mom and many of her recipes are kid friendly. You may have to be creative to make paleo meals that your kids will like. For example applegate natural beef hotdogs. You can make those and your kids can have them on a bun. Same with hamburgers. You can make spaghetti and meatballs, making whole30 compliant sauce and then make regular noodles for the kids. Now for some tough love - your kids are old enough to fix food if they don't like what you have made, PB&J, sandwiches, frozen dinners. Who knows they might even enjoy cooking and want to do it more often. Good Luck!

Well, I too am starting on Monday the 28th! I have no excuses to prolong this endeavor and I have had a friend beg me to "give this a try" and I have given her EVERY excuse, including..."I have twin 3yr olds, I don't have time for a diet"...LOL  So...I shall join you (and others) in this "no excuses" journey to healthy living!! :)  This wil be my first time and I think me just trying to gain a platform for my own success this first round, I won't worry so much about dragging my kids along...but for the most part they eat whatever I fix anyway. Cheers to us eh!! :)

Can I join you? I'm starting my third on Monday and not feeling terribly motivated! I've just had a lovely long two week holiday in Oz and eaten everything that got in my way, really not looking forward to cutting it all out again  ;)

I also have daughters aged nine and eleven. They are going to go gluten free for thirty days (they say now, let's see on Monday morning). My husband is still not convinced !

Archived