Gastric Sleeve

I am getting ready to start the Whole30 program.  I have had gastric sleeve surgery and am wondering how that will impact the Whole30 program.  I am not able to eat large meals.  I eat 5-6 small meals rather than 3 meals a day.  Will that interfere with all the hormonal components that are the reason they recommend 3 meals a day?  Has anyone with a "sleeve" done the Whole30 program?  Did you eat 5-6 small meals?  Were you still successful?

What I've seen most of the moderators say here is, they are not your doctor, so if you're already under doctors' orders, follow them, or ask a medical professional if it's okay to modify your orders. If you aren't able to eat enough per meal to get a whole day's worth of good nutrition in three sittings, you're probably better served to keep eating more frequently.

• 2 weeks later...

The most important part is the template, rather than the size. Just stick to the template proportions, just bring it down to the size you can fit comfortably. Some veggies are also bigger to digest than others (raw), some prefer cooked veggies.

• 9 months later...

I am getting ready to start the Whole30 program.  I have had gastric sleeve surgery and am wondering how that will impact the Whole30 program.  I am not able to eat large meals.  I eat 5-6 small meals rather than 3 meals a day.  Will that interfere with all the hormonal components that are the reason they recommend 3 meals a day?  Has anyone with a "sleeve" done the Whole30 program?  Did you eat 5-6 small meals?  Were you still successful?

I am on day 5 and I also had gastric sleeve, just wondering how you did?  I think I will start breaking up my meals into 5 meals. I wasn't eating the full meal and then snacking in between. I need to do what praxisproject said, someone else in the forum suggested the same thing. 

Archived