Fibersol, anyone??

karibear28

I am done with my Whole30 but decided to make it a lifestyle permanently. I do have a question that I wasn't able to find an answer to on the website or anywhere else online.  I have a protein powder with an ingredient that I didn't recognize.  Is fibersol compliant with the program rules? I'm an athlete and need my protein but I found that eating so much meat and eggs for protein on the program was making me feel sick.....I need to start supplementing with protein shakes once in a while!

• Moderators

I did a little research. Here is my conclusion: Fibersol is mostly marketing double-talk designed to make you think what you are buying is worth the price charged. And it is made from corn starch, so would not be okay during a Whole30.

The real concern is that you want to substitute low grade protein from a highly processed powder for the high grade protein of meat and eggs. The very idea makes me sad.

Thanks for checking it out!  It's not going to happen often, but when it comes down to me feeling like I'm going to gag if I have to eat any more meat or eggs than I already do, I still need to get the protein somehow.......and the protein powder doesn't have to be refrigerated when I'm working out.  It's definitely not replacing anything in my diet.

Archived