Last Week of Whole30 & In a Bad mood

I'm on day 24 of my first Whole30 and the last two days have been tough.

I was visiting a friend out of town this past weekend and despite knowing and understanding my food restrictions, the weekend ended up being based around food and alcohol. I stayed strong and was Whole30 compliant the entire time, but the last two days I've been pretty cranky and suffering from sever carb cravings (crackers, pretzels, bread, etc.).

Earlier in my program I was experience the happy high feeling and had every intention of continuing my whole30 past the 30 days with maybe the reintroduction of red wine. 

Is this fowl mood and carb cravings late in the game something others have experienced? Any tips or tricks? I've found myself compensating by snacking on nuts, but I know this isn't necessarily a good cure, and I'm struggling. 

Help, please!

I feel like I've been having a recurrence of "Kill all the things!" these past few days -- and I'm on Day 28! But I don't necessarily ascribe it to Whole30. I've had to deal with a disagreeable person at work and it's thrown me off my good mood. Not everything is about this program.

I think you're doing great. You may be focusing on your mood and cravings, but I'm looking at how you stood your ground during a tough weekend and stared the temptations down. Yeah, it took a lot out of you and left you drained, but you won the battle. Don't lose sight of that. Don't snatch defeat from the the jaws of victory now. Keep struggling, and kick this thing in the butt!

(Too many war metaphors? Sorry. Told you; I'm in a fighting mood. :-)

Good luck!

Yes, this is often known as an extinction burst.  Your body and brain are giving one last go at convincing you that junk food and alcohol are The Path To Happiness.  It is a sign that you're doing well, though it may not feel like it at the time!

Also, being exposed to all of those formerly beloved foods and drinks during a Whole30 can be difficult by itself.

Hang in there.  You'll make it!

Yes, this is often known as an extinction burst.  Your body and brain are giving one last go at convincing you that junk food and alcohol are The Path To Happiness.  It is a sign that you're doing well, though it may not feel like it at the time!

I did not know that. Might have something to do with my low mood as well.

Archived