Lulu's Log - Started April 28th

MiAmorLu

Hi Guys,

I'm starting my fist Whole30 today  - the idea is to write a post here every day so I stay focused and motivated and  who knows…I might even become a motivation for others… ^_^ 

Here is what my goal is…actually here is a list :

·         fat loss (lots lol)

·         improving / curing Keratosis Pillars ( skin condition aka chicken skin)

·         kissing occasional binge eating goodbye

·         stopping my addiction to sugar (chocolate in particular)

·         improving my health overall

·         better sleep

·         becoming in control of how I look, feel and how I live my life ( yes, your looks affect the quality of your life…absolutely!)

I'm very hopeful and optimistic about this program

Oh, I'm also going to try and list the menu of the day and how I feel overall (hopefully every day)

I'm going to take measurements tonight and will post the results on my last day of the program!

I'm excited to see that there are quite a few people who are starting the same day as I am – may this journey be a successful one for all of us!

Cheers,

Lulu  :) 

Breakfast : 3 hardboiled eggs, a glass of GT's Kombucha with chia seeds

Lunch: Grapefruit, chicken cooked with onions, tomatoes, garlic and cilantro (yummmmm) ,lots of lettuce.

Dinner ( haven't had yet): Rock Fish filet , steamed cauliflower puree, cucumber. 

Alright, day two, here I come :-)

Breakfast : 2hardboiled eggs, a glass of GT's Kombucha with chia seeds, two pearl tomatoes and 1/2 of a small avocado

Lunch: Baby carrots, chicken cooked with onions, tomatoes, garlic and cilantro ,lots of lettuce.

Dinner: Rock fish filet pan seared in a bit of coconut oil, Persian cucumbers and tomatoes salad

Oh a few more things to add - I'm doing this Whole30 challenge with my best friend and with a coworker - wish us all luck :))

Feeling pretty good so far and hoping for yet another fabulous day :D

Be happy, guys!

Cheers!

Happy hump day J

So today is Day 3  - feeling good, not experiencing any cravings or any sugar withdrawal symptoms, no headache or anything of that kind =D

The Menu for today is similar to the previous days (my schedule is super busy so I try to make food enough for a few days )

Breakfast: 200ml of GT's Kombucha “Trilogy†( I only go for the one with 2g of sugar listed in Nutrition Facts and of course no added sugar ), 2 hardboiled eggs, tomato and cucumber , parsley cut up in a salad , half avocado.

Lunch: Spinach, slow cooked chicken, grapefruit

Dinner: A little bit of Yams fries (bakes in the oven with spices and coconut oil), sautéed cabbage ( “russian style†as my friend calls it lol ), broiled salmon.

Wishing you all a lovely day!

Cheers,

Lulu

Hello Hello =)

Today is day 4 and it's a gorgeous day! The only symptom of withdrawal that I am having so far is a sore throat but it's very minor, the mood is great as of now LOL, I'm not sleepy and not irritated J ….However my friend is experiencing all the symptoms and yesterday I kindly warned her BF that she might be in the mood of “killing†someone today LOL….I'm not quite sure why it's so different for the two of us…however when I tried to analyze the reasons - I realized a few things : I never ever drink soda or coffee with sugar and creamer - only water, kombucha and green or white tea and occasional freshly squeezed juices when she is somewhat the opposite …even though she'd always go for diet soda, not a regular one….so maybe that's what's affecting her…..I was also eating healthy prior to the challenge …I believe my problem was mostly overeating and chocolate ( I love milk chocolate L), not eating bad/processed foods and same for my coworker too…so both my coworker and I are feeling way better than my friend ….but you never know…the symptoms might hit us later…. Any who…here is my menu for the day J

Breakfast : A salad made with tomatoes, 2 hardboiled eggs, ½ of avocado. 300ml of green Kombucha ( delish and refreshing)

Lunch : A ton of lettuce and some basil and garlic baked chicken , grapefruit

Dinner: Brussels sprouts, 1/2 avocado, sautéed prawns

Let's all have a wonderful day! Friday is just around the corner :D

TGIF guys! :D

Day 5 here – going strong so far, craving are at bay and the mood is still good :lol:

I remember I read about people having weird food dreams while on whole30…well not sure if their dreams were more like dreaming of weird food combinations that they craved ….mine was absolutely bizarre….in my dream I was visiting my friend's parents and was offered bologna with rice as a “welcome†meal lol not bologna and rice but bologna made with meat and rice!!!! LOL the weirdest thing ever I must say…. I didn't want to eat it so it wasn't my cravings going all nuts on me but I figured since it involved food – I'd mention it here :huh:

Another thing that happened to me is called plantar fasciitis ( I hope I spelled it right) Yesterday, around 7pm I started having this numb pain similar to a very painful bruise - bottom of my right foot right where my arch is, and it was spreading into my heel…I've never experienced that before but I'm very curious when it comes to anything that involves medical info and sometimes the accumulated knowledge becomes quite handy J so I was able to self-diagnose what was going on….this morning the pain worsen to the point where I couldn't step on my right foot at all….panicked for a second, then did some stretching , put on a pair of shoes that gave me the best arch support available at the moment and went on with my day B) . Going to take it easy this weekend and wear my Nikes for the next couple of weeks in hope of healing my current condition.

Alright, enough talking – here is my menu for the day :)

Breakfast : 100ml of Kambucha ; 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 skinless boneless chicken thigh (baked), ½ of avocado, 3 pearl tomatoes – all cut up in a salad.

Lunch: chicken cooked with onions, garlic, tomatoes and cilantro, 3 Persian cucumbers.

Dinner: same chicken as for lunch, spinach, Kambucha :)

Cheers,

Lulu

Great job! I'm on day 5 as well, and I haven't had too many side effects either. I hear week 2 isn't easy though...

Hi there :) thanks for your support, I hope you're going strong as well! As for week two...I guess we just have to stick around and find out ourselves ;-)))

How is day 6 treating you?

Alright, Day 6 is here :D, the mood is still good and the energy is present :)

My right foot is way way way better than yesterday - used calendula oil ( rubbed it in before going to bed) and wore Strutz in the evening - one of those rare cases when "as seen on TV" product really works!!!

As for my menu for the day - I'll be adding it as the day progresses :)

Breakfast : 3 eggs scramble with asparagus, onion, cilantro and 1/2 of avocado, 200ml of Kombucha :-)

Lunch : green beans, 1 chicken drumstick, 1 hard boiled egg, 1persian cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 cliches of watermelon

Dinner : Brussels sprouts with oyster mushrooms , quail , 1/2 avocado .

Enjoy your weekend, guys!

PS: had some pretty bad headache before going to bed, but it went away overnight :)

Happy Monday all!

I was a bit busy yesterday so missed my daily log – this one will be for my Day 7

Mood – good, energy  - good

Breakfast : 2 eggs scramble with leeks, oyster mushrooms and a bit of ground turkey; ½ avocado.

Lunch: roasted sweet potato (a small one), sautéed cauliflower, turkey cutlets ( organic ground turkey from Costco, 1 large shredded carrot, ½ pureed onion, minced parsley, 1 bag of frozen organic spinach, garlic powder, salt, pepper)

Dinner: Quail, Brussels sprouts, Persian cucumber, grapefruit

Day 8

Mood good, energy good  ;) 

Breakfast : 2 HB eggs, ½ avocado, cherry tomatoes, 200 ml of Kombucha

Lunch: Steamed cauliflower, turkey/spinach cutlets, ½ grapefruit

Dinner: Dover sole filet (baked), 1 large tomato, ½ avocado, tiny serving of watermelon.

Day 9

Feeling good, sleeping great, the energy is good and the mental clarity is present :rolleyes: 

Breakfast: 1 HB egg, 1 turkey/spinach cutlet, 5 cherry tomatoes, ½ avocado, 200 ml of Kombucha.

Lunch: Cauliflower & turkey/spinach cutlets

Dinner: Ground beef with homemade arrabbiata sauce and raw julienned  zucchini 

I'm loving Whole30 so far  :wub: 

Day 10 and OMG…

I had a super weird dream and a part of it was about eating chips and other stuff that I can't remember put I was technically binging on whatever it was :o â€¦.I woke up so POed :angry: â€¦.I couldn't believe I gave up ... failed… but then I realized it was just a dream lol so no chips in my stomach BUT I'm still POed lol or irritated – I don't know…I guess the  â€œI want to kill/break. Someone†stage finally got to me  and I hope it passes fast…I really don't like being like that :rolleyes: 

Breakfast: French green beans with a bit of scrambled egg, ½ avocado and 200 ml of Kombucha.

Lunch: Same as breakfast plus turkey/spinach cutlets and a grapefruit

Dinner: Chicken salad with whole30 mayo in butter lettuce cups, carrots and tomatoes.

Happy hump day  :) 

Lol. You'll read a variation of this dream in lots of logs in this forum. Usually they say, "I dreamed I ate ______ -- and I don't even like ______!" (Mine was Pringles.)

Also, just wanted to ask: are your meals making you full? I.e., keeping you sated so you're not hungry for 4-5 hours? Some of your meals seems a little small to me (and I'm a small portion eater myself, being small and not very active).

Ha!  I had my mad day - day 5 on Sunday.  I've had a dull headache for days now.  I am trying to figure out if Kombucha is kosher on Whole 30.  Seems to me it should be, except I'm wondering about the sugar?  I'm hitting this thread up since you are on the pro Kombucha team.

Lol. You'll read a variation of this dream in lots of logs in this forum. Usually they say, "I dreamed I ate ______ -- and I don't even like ______!" (Mine was Pringles.)

Also, just wanted to ask: are your meals making you full? I.e., keeping you sated so you're not hungry for 4-5 hours? Some of your meals seems a little small to me (and I'm a small portion eater myself, being small and not very active).

GlennR, hi there and thank you for your question – I used to be a small portion eater and normally eat 2-3 meals and multiple snacks  throughout my day ,but I'm eating 3 bigger meals now and am absolutely satisfied and experience no hunger in-between meals whatsoever :) . In fact, one of the days I felt so full that I couldn't force myself to eat dinner :huh: â€¦to give you an idea of the size of my typical meal I usually have at least a cup of vegetables , a quarter or a half of avocado and 2-3 eggs for breakfast or a 2 palms size serving of protein for lunch and dinner ( I have small palms lol) , I also eat a bit of fruits with one of my meals (typically lunch). There are two main rules that I set for myself : Never let my food intake go below 1200 kcal per day Do not allow my body/brain experience hunger =)

Once again , thank you for your question and have a lovely Friday!  :) 

PS: I loved the pics of your meals – made my mouth water  ;) 

Ha!  I had my mad day - day 5 on Sunday.  I've had a dull headache for days now.  I am trying to figure out if Kombucha is kosher on Whole 30.  Seems to me it should be, except I'm wondering about the sugar?  I'm hitting this thread up since you are on the pro Kombucha team.

Hi Rhiannonwj, glad you asked about Kombucha – omg I loooooove Kombucha , can't stress enough how beneficial it is for your body and health and it is absolutely compliant with the Whole30 protocol  ( you can read more about it here http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/14334-kombucha/ ) In a nutshell you shouldn't worry about sugar in your Kombucha as long as there is no added sugar listed in the ingredients (and ideally Nutrition Facts should state only 2gramms of sugar per serving or less) as for the sugar that was used to make the drink - it got all processed during fermentation; I would personally recommend GT's Kombucha Multi Green- it has only 2gramms of sugar per serving and no added sugar, it also has Klamath Mountain Blue-Green Algae , Spirulina and Chlorella – all three known to be great detoxifiers and antioxidants! Sometimes I add chia seeds to my drink too for added benefits and a unique texture (make sure you soak chia in hot water prior to adding to Kombucha and let the bottle sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours or better overnight – that way you'll get the same texture as the store bought one  ;)

I hope this answered your question :)  Have an awesome Friday! ;) 

Was way too busy yesterday so didn't get to post my menu

Day 11

Mood is back to normal (read happy :D ), energy is good

Breakfast : 2HB eggs, cherry tomatoes, ½ avocado, 200 ml of Kombucha with chia seeds.

Lunch: French green beans, ½ of a large salmon steak ( broiled), ½ avocado, 1/3 of a grapefruit.

Dinner: some arrabbiata meat sauce, one poached egg, 1 large tomato

Happy Friday fellow Whole30-ers ^_^

Here comes my Day 12

Mood and energy are great!

Breakfast: 2HB eggs, cherry tomatoes, 200ml Kombucha with chia seeds :wub:

Lunch: French green beans, ½ of salmon steak (broiled), ¼ avocado, carrots.

Dinner : My friend invited me over for dinner…so not sure what exactly will be served but she knows I'm following Whole30 protocol so she promised that whatever she is cooking will be whole30 compliant / soooo I had some roasted chicken, tomatoes, pickled cucumbers ( no sugar added) , a little bit of pickled herring ( i know some of you will say yuck but it was really good lol) , pan-fried zucchini ( she used coconut oil, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. I feel like I didn't get enough vegetables yet I'd rather do that than eat some regular potatoes

Have a lovely day guys! :)

There are two main rules that I set for myself: Never let my food intake go below 1200 kcal per day Do not allow my body/brain experience hunger =)

That right there should be one of Whole30's mottoes. As I read somewhere, if you're hungry on Whole30, you're doing it wrong!

Happy Monday guys  - here is my back-log for the weekend.

Day13

Breakfast: 200ml of Kombucha, 3-egg omelet with leeks, ½ avocado, arugula, grapefruit.

Lunch: steak, grilled tomato, grilled zucchini, baked yams wedges.

Dinner: Had a very small dinner as I wasn't hungry at all – a few bites of the same food that I had for lunch , a few strawberries.

Day14

Breakfast: 200ml of Kombucha; Still had some leftovers of grilled vegetables , yams and steak – cut them all up and made a scramble for breakfast with one egg and ¼ avocado

Lunch: 2 cucumbers, pan-seared beef liver with cremini mushrooms and leeks.

Dinner: Vegetable soup “Borsh†(celery, carrots, beets, cabbage, onion, tomatoes), 1 ½ quail

Day 15

The mood is good, as well as energy ( was a bit sleepy in the morning but only because I didn't get to sleep much last night :huh: )

Breakfast : 2HB eggs, large tomato, 200ml of Kombucha .

Lunch: Chicken stew with tomatoes, onions and garlic,1/4 avocado, arugula, grapefruit.

Dinner: Beef liver with leeks and cremini mushrooms, ½ avocado, 2 persian cucumbers.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!!!  :lol: 

Day 16  :) 

Mood is good, energy is good too

Breakfast: 3scrambled eggs with spinach, cherry tomatoes, 200ml of Kombucha with chia seeds.

Lunch: Same chicken as yesterday with arugula

Dinner: Vegetable soup (Borsch), ½ quail, ½ avocado and I might have some fruit or more Kombucha B) 

Hope everyone is doing great :) 

Summer is just around the corner and life is getting more and more busy  B) 

Backlog for yesterday

Day 17

Mood ok, energy kind of low but I didn't get enough sleep that night :wacko: 

Breakfast : 2HB eggs, ½ avocado, cherry tomatoes

Lunch: a smaller serving of chicken stew (leftovers), arugula, 1 HB egg, ¼ avocado, 1 grapefruit

Dinner: Rock fish filet (pan seared with coconut oil), 1 large tomato and 2 cucumbers, ¼ avocado, 1 16oz bottle of Kombucha :ph34r: 

Day 18

The mood is great, energy is pretty good as well

Breakfast: 3HB eggs, cherry tomatoes, 200ml of Kombucha with added chia seeds

Lunch: ½ of a large salmon steak (broiled), baby spinach, a few cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Rock fish filet (pan seared with coconut oil), 1 large tomato and 2 cucumbers & maybe a grapefruit

Have a lovely day , guys! Happy Friday Eve!!! :D 

Archived