Results May Vary

dcducks1

I have completed my Whole 30 and wanted to share my results. I started trying to get back in shape by going to the gym in January. I had gotten the biggest I had ever been at 251 lbs. I worked very hard lifting and running and lost 13 pounds but then I hit a wall and stayed at 238 pounds. I decided to try the Whole 30 diet last month and wasn't really expecting a huge change but felt I had to try something. I DID NOT work out during the Whole 30 program. I did this intentionally to see what my results would really be. I was dizzy for a few days as my body adjusted to a lack of sugar. After a few more days I started getting cravings like crazy but I noticed increased energy, focus, and better sleep. After a few more days the cravings went away and I noticed just how much garbage I had been eating on a daily basis. I struggled not to weigh myself since I was constantly getting comments about my weight loss. I had read that the Whole 30 really isn't a diet but more of a change in the way you eat. Well, here are the results. In a month I lost an additional 17 pounds! My body fat went from 34% to 29%! I lost at least one shirt size and at least two pant sizes! My allergies have not bothered me at all! My acid reflux is gone! I sleep great! I have lots of energy! I look much better, feel much better! I'm sure my cholesterol has improved also. To celebrate this morning I decided to keep on going with the Whole 30 way of eating. I have two co-workers who want to start and I want to be there to support them. Thanks for all of the encouragement from everyone! If I lose a few more pounds, I might just finally put up a pic hahaha! Stay strong!

Dave

tahoecorgielover - Good for you! This next week will fly by and you will be able to see and feel your many successes. How do you feel so far? Although I am starting my second Whole 30 immediately, I do intend on having a piece of birthday cake on the 15th to celebrate my 47th. Then back to being good and getting to my ultimate goal of hitting 51 pounds! Only 20 more to go. Best of luck to you and if I come across a recent pic (been very camera shy for awhile because of the weight) I will post it up.

Dave

Archived