bowel question...everyone's favorite! :)

I'm on day 4 of my whole30 and loving it so far. 2 things I'm curious about:

I have gotten up to pee in the middle of the night since I started, sometimes 2xs a night. I do have a small bladder but haven't been chugging more water than usual.

Also, my hubs and I (he's also whole30) are pooping less. We don't feel constipated at all (well, he has ulcerative colitis, so that's an anomaly), but yeah, we're both light on the BM's. What gives?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that grains add a lot of "filler" to your diet. Maybe they are smaller because your volume has decreased by eliminating grains? Your body is also transitioning still, so it could be a number of things, that's just my guess.

• Moderators

On day 4 your body is making changes. You may be peeing more because your body was holding water it no longer needs while eating Whole30 foods. I would expect the extra peeing to stop soon.

Having smaller or less bowel movements suggests your food volume is down. I used to eat Fiber One cereal several times per day back in the old days, so, trust me, I understand going less on a Whole30 diet. Overall, however, eating lots of veggies should keep you regular.

Archived