McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last couple days have not been so great eating-wise.  I'm not entirely sure but I've had both gluten and sugar both days (pita chips and chocolate).  Weight of course inched UP instead of down and I haven't been exercising either.  I need to turn things around!

Weekend eating was fine -- not perfect.  I made homemade pancakes for my husband on Sunday and ate them too.  We also had a birthday dinner on Saturday night and I had a few bites of dessert.  Weight is doing the usual -- up about a pound over the weekend, going back down now.  It's not as high as it was a couple months ago but it's not progressing down.  AF arrives probably tomorrow and we leave for vacation on Saturday.  Hoping to have good eating/exercise before we go!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gang!  I'm back from vacation.  We were in the midwest on a lake (family house).  It was very fun, I got a decent amount of sleep, moved a ton (lots and lots of walking).  No yoga, which I had been hoping to sneak in (it's really hard when you're with extended family to just get away in the middle of the day).  Eating was fine, weight is up two pounds, but that's normal for a weekend so not bad for a week-plus!  My husband and I are both committed to getting our eating and exercise back on track before our second summer vacation in three weeks.  

Thanks Sara!

So I feel like my eating this week (post July 4) has been great -- no sugar, no alcohol, no gluten, a bit of white rice but otherwise all Whole 30 recommended.  Yet my weight has not budged so I'm only up two pounds but it's not dropping at all.  My exercise has been eh -- work is way too busy and booked to do yoga and it's been so crazy hot that I haven't been outside as much.  Still, disappointed in the weight.

Still on track.  For a whole week my weight did not budge.  It was good that it didn't go up but disappointing that it didn't move down considering I was eating much better than did on vacation.  Finally today it was down a pound.  So progress, but still at the upper end of my range.  Eating continues to be good.  I went to yoga yesterday, which was awesome after two weeks off.  Walks are still not happening so much due to the heat, but I'm getting in a decent amount of steps.

I'm feeling like I'm becoming too scale-obsessed.  My weight was up three pounds today from where it was Friday.  This often happens on weekends but I was SO upset about it today.  I did not eat terribly -- we had a pretty normal weekend overall.  Yesterday we had lunch with friends and had pizza and I KNOW gluten does this to me so I shouldn't be surprised about the gain, but I'm upset.

I need to chill about the scale this week, practice good, normal eating, and get in my exercise.  It's hard to be outside because we are SO hot but I'm planning two yoga sessions and I'll try to walk as much as possible without melting!

• 3 weeks later...

Back from vacation and a work trip.  I am completely exhausted but it's been a fun whirlwind week and a half.  Weight, no surprise, is up two pounds (just like last vacation).  I'm at the high end of my six pound range so hoping to get back in the swing of things.  I'm out of town again for work and then for fun later this week so I'm trying to stay on track the next couple days before I travel again -- no grains, no alcohol, no sugar, etc.  I always am very active on vacation -- no gym or anything, but tons of movement, so that's great.  My eating wasn't terrible just not as good as it is at home.  Really hoping by this fall I'll back to regular calm eating, consistent exercise, and a lower weight.

• 3 weeks later...

My usual Whole 30 peeps are all MIA.  Hope you "see" you all soon!

Anyhow, the summer has been okay.  My weight is not at all where I want it and there are far too many treats and sweets.  I'd say overall my eating is still good but the little slip-ups are affecting my weight and stomach.  Goal for the fall is to get back in line.

Archived