McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

Made it through the fast day (note, Catholic fasts aren't really fasts).  Weight is still up four pounds. I just need to come to terms with it.  I'm hoping that my eating will get it back down quickly but we'll see.  I'm already feeling better with the no sugar!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weight still up (I was starving yesterday, maybe because of the Wednesday fast?), but eating is much better.  No sugar, no gluten.  It feels really good.  My sleep has been better the past couple nights too (I'm approaching eight hours!).  Long weekend coming up.  My husband and I may go out one night and may meet up with friends the other.  I just need to stick to calm eating and not let a restaurant or social eating become an opportunity to go crazy. 

Sara, weekend was eh and my weight is up even more!  I can't quite figure out how I got so far off track so quickly!  I am up five pounds from a week ago, which is just crazy.  Weekend here was frigid weather on Saturday and Sunday so we didn't get out much which leads to me snacking.  It's not like I ate horribly, I think it was just too much food overall.  Oh and I broke my no sugar Lent!  We had dinner with friends on Saturday and they had baked.  I felt like I couldn't say no.  And then yesterday it snowed so more staying inside.  I did do weights last night, which felt great.  I really need to get back on track with both eating and exercise.  

"I felt like I couldn't say no. "

I hate that feeling.  Sometimes I have it... sometimes I can actually say no.  Never have been able to completely figure out what the differences are.

ThyPeace, the good thing for me is that many people now know I say no -- and don't take it personally.  Makes my life easier.

Yeah, I'm sure I could have.  It's just hard when you get to someone's house and they tell you they made a special dessert.  And it's not like there was a big group, it was just me!  I had a small piece and didn't eat all of it so there's that, but still . . . 

I try not to be too rigid.  If someone made something special for me, I think it is ok to have some.  Get right back on it, that's what is important.

The weather has been rough, but keep trying to move, I think that's what I need more than anything.

I need to move too.  Yesterday was better -- almost 10,000 steps after a weekend where I was averaging 7500.  My eating still wasn't perfect -- for some reason I was absolutely starving all day (maybe my body is adjusting back to my normal eating habits) so I had some bites here and there of my kids' pasta and then my husband's pasta.  Overall eating was on track -- no sugar, etc.  Weight still up six pounds.

So my three year old hasn't gone to sleep until we have the last two nights.  I'm barely hanging in there.  I'm exhausted plus I'm down to zero time by myself or with my husband in the evenings, which is just crushing for me mentally.  

Eating has surprisingly been good.  I'm treating myself to a lunch out today (I'll still eating healthy stuff) because of all the craziness at home.  Weight is still up but down one pound so up by four.

So hard when the little ones decide (as they often do) not to sleep.  Makes me wonder how we survived as a species, actually.  That exhaustion is just not like anything else in the world.  I heard when mine was that age that it was a new developmental stage driving the brain into overdrive, sort of like the "I've learned to stand up and I can't stop standing up!" phase when they're younger.  Still.  All that rational knowledge is not helpful when you're losing brain cells like crazy and pouring coffee in isn't helping.

About all I can suggest is frequent naps -- and support from other adults nearby.  There's nothing wrong with a playdate somewhere else so you can get a nap!

ThyPeace, 3 years old was ten years ago for mine.  Some things have changed since then, some haven't.

Survived the weekend.  Sleeping was betterish.  We got our evening time, which was huge.  But my three year old is still struggling.  He was in our bed Friday and Saturday nights and woke up Sunday morning at 4 am, was up for two hours, and then fell back asleep.  KILLER!!  Last night he finally slept in his own bed again.  I know it's just a transition but it's tough.  My husband worked much of the weekend so it was super low-key.  Eating was fine (we didn't go out or see friends so I had more control!).  Weight is still up by four pounds but staying the same is better than gaining!

Weight down a little more today.  Only 3.5 pounds up from my low.  I ate too much of this smoked salmon dip yesterday at an afternoon event. Could have been worse but could have been better.  So I had a very small dinner to make up for it.

Still continuing the incredibly slow weight loss, but I'll take a loss over a gain or a stall!  I'm up 3.2 pounds from my low today.  I'm going to yoga, which will be great.  I haven't been able to get in weights this week because our evenings have been overtaken by our son's sleeping issues -- basically we're responding to him all night until he finally falls asleep.  Eating is fine.

Sleep is still brutal, but I'm glad I got in yoga yesterday.  I feel like the stress of the lack of sleep and dealing with my son in the evenings has made me eat some things I shouldn't.  Still avoiding sugar but I've had some gluten this week.  Weight is down a bit more . . . only 2.6 pounds above my low.  Yay!  Weekend is totally unplanned except one kid activity and church.  Thank goodness.  I need rest!

Weekend eating was pretty good (or so I thought) but my weight is up today.  I did have a little wine, dairy, and gluten, but not much and I didn't overeat or go out so I am surprised to find the scale up so much today.  I'm hoping it quickly corrects because I've been working hard to get it down!

I get to go to yoga today -- yay!  I usually can't go on Mondays because of my schedule but I'm seizing the opportunity today!

Archived