McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does seem to be a bit of a fluke because it's down today (not quite to where it was last week but only 1/2 pound up from that).  This weekend we have numerous social events so I'm hoping that doesn't throw it off!   I did weights Sunday night and meant to do them again last night but we're still having struggles with my three year old sleeping.  This weekend we seemed to turn a corner and even though he was going to bed on the late side, he was sleeping in his new bed.  Then the past three nights he's been back in our bed and staying up way too late.  It's brutal!  How come this kid won't sleep?  It just baffles my mind.  My older son would pop out of his bed sometimes, but never stay up until we went to bed.  

Eating is okay.  AF came yesterday, which surprised me because it was a few days early.  I need to get all gluten out of my diet because it really bothers my stomach.  It's not like I'm eating toast for breakfast, it's more that my kids it and I have a few bites.  The "few bites" here and there are definitely affecting me.  

Use that awareness.  If the gluten is bothering your stomach, it might be impacting your weight as well.

Good luck with your son.  Not getting enough sleep is so tough (and also impacts your weight/eating).  I don't miss that aspect of having a really little one around.

I'm definitely suffering from not enough sleep.  Last night he was in his own bed, thankfully, but I still didn't get a lot of sleep.  Feeling puffy from AF, which I know makes me retain water, but excited for yoga today.  I didn't get in a second session of weight training (maybe tomorrow?), but my steps have been good.

Sleep has gotten a bit better so that's good.  I'm doing fine with my no sugar and non-gluten grains and dairy have been at a minimum (no legumes in my diet).  My problem is still gluten.  I don't know what's wrong with me because I know how it affects me but that is killing my good eating habits and I'm sure not helping with my weight loss!  My breakfasts and lunches are pretty much what I always eat (eggs and sweet potato for breakfast and leftovers for lunch -- today it's spaghetti squash w/homemade meatballs).  But dinner is where I am failing.  Part of the problem is that I want to lose weight so I'm careful not to eat too much during the day, which makes me ravenous at night.  I make the kids dinner, which often contains gluten and then I end up nibbling.  It's not horrific on weeknights, but it's not good.  Then weekends are the worst because social activities always lead to me eating gluten.  I had pizza TWICE this past weekend -- once at dinner with friends and another time at a birthday party.  I need to be better prepared to either eat ahead of time or restrain myself once I'm at the event.

I have a book club get together tonight so wish me luck surviving it!

I hope book club went well.

I have fallen into the eat too little during the day trap as well.  Making sure you have lots of veggies on hand for the evening might be a help.  Better to fill up on vegetables than gluten.

Sara, so true.  I stocked up on baby carrots to eat with baba ganoush, which is one of my favorite foods.  That makes for a good snack from 6 pm to 8 pm when I tend to be starving and feeding the kids dinner, but before I can sit down with my husband to eat.  I was so rushed last night that I didn't get a chance to eat anything at home, which led me to eat cheese and crackers at book club.  Not great!  I have decided I am going to go gluten-free for the rest of Lent.  I should be going gluten free for the rest of my life but I need to do this in small doses!  

A small start is a good place.  If you can tackle that, you might be able to piece the small starts into a bigger start.

Baby carrots are good.  I've also taken to buying bags of cut up broccoli,.  I know it is more expensive, but the convenience leads me to reach for the broccoli more often than I would if I just had a head of broccoli in the fridge.

I'm going to be spending a bit of time in your area in April - Cherry Blossom, a weekend off, and then back down for my SIL's birthday.

My weight is still at the high end of my five pound range, but I'm working on self love.  I lifted weights last night, ate well, and went to yoga today.  I feel good even if the scale does not reflect my mood!  Eating has been calm and I hope it continues that way.  This weekend we do have one kid birthday party, but that's it, so I'm not feeling overwhelmed.  Our weather is unbelievable -- I just wish I could enjoy it more!  

Sara, the cherry blossoms are great!  My mom is coming to visit to see them in April.

Weight hasn't budged AT ALL this week but I'm convinced I'm on the right track.  Two weeks until spring break/vacation and I'm hoping I can be down a few pounds by then.  Yesterday I had an event where pizza was served and due to the seating issues I was sitting right next to it!  I almost let myself have a piece, thinking I "deserved" it after a long day, but I resisted.  So proud!  

Jen, there's no way I'll be at the bottom of my range by vacation.  It's a week and a half away and I'm still at the top of my range!  I thought I did well over the weekend -- went to a kid's birthday party and totally avoided gluten and sugar.  Ate a few, but not many, non-gluten grains over the weekend and didn't overeat.  Weight was still up.  I think I'm bloated too because I had trouble getting my rings on today.  Maybe it's the rainy weather???  Anyhow, I'm just hoping to be down a little before vacation now.

Weight is inching down.  I just hope I don't mess it up this weekend -- I often see it go down throughout the week and then back up over the weekend.  We have nothing planned except a neighborhood Easter egg hunt for the kids so I'm hoping I can do it!  

I need to end it too!  I know why it happens -- more unstructured eating, restaurants, social events, etc. on the weekends.  It's fine for maintaining, but horrible for weight loss.  I'm down a pound this week so four pounds above my low.  Hoping to at least maintain this weekend so a week from now when we head out on spring break I'll be in a better place!

Weekend went pretty well.  Wasn't really a fun weekend -- husband worked all weekend and the weather was cold and rainy.  But I managed to basically maintain my weight -- it's lower than it was on Friday but 1/2 pound up from Saturday.  We ordered Mexican on Saturday night so I had chips etc. but otherwise good eating.  No sugar, avoiding the gluten.  Yoga today (yay!) and hoping for a relatively calm week before vacation.  I have a work event Wednesday night and a work conference on Thursday.

I'm officially at the mid-point of my five pound range.  Yay!  I know I'm going to gain weight on vacation but it will still feel good to start on the lower side.  Today is another calm day.  I'll try to do weights and eating should be normal.  Work events are Wednesday and Thursday.

Archived