McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

So I got sick Monday night and so did my younger son.  I'm mostly recovered but he's still sick so I've been at home with him the past few days.  I barely ate on Tuesday and ate a bit more yesterday, but it's all been non-gluten grains because that's all I can stomach.  Weight is down, but it's not a fun way to lose weight!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My weight is going down, which is awesome.  I don't really know what happened.  I was down 2-3 pounds from getting sick and it seems to be staying off.  Not that I would recommend illness for a way to jump start weight loss, but I won't complain now!  I'm basically eating Whole 30 with a few treats, but no major offroads.  Sugar and gluten are still  not completely out of my diet, which I need to remedy and I need to get back into exercising, but at least weight is moving in the right direction.

Weight stayed stable through Sunday morning but was up a pound this morning.  Not really sure why -- I didn't eat all that much yesterday because I wasn't feeling great.  I seem to have either gotten sick again or I'm still not quite over this bug.  I thought it was gone but it keeps lingering.  Going to see the doctor later this week to make sure I don't have strep like my son.  

Our weather was absolutely terrible over the weekend -- raining and cold.  All sports events were canceled and we couldn't really be outside.  Such a bummer.  Looking forward to better weather soon!  

This week I'm just hoping to finally beat this sickness and continue eating well.  

Went to Urgent Care yesterday and I do have strep.  What a mess.  I feel like one or more of us have been sick for the past two weeks.  It's such a pain.  My weight is down but that's probably because I'm not eating much.  

So AF this week as well.  Ugh.  What a double-wammy.  Sickness is slowly going away with the antibiotics and I should be over the worst of the AF bloating and cramping soon.  Still getting back into my food and exercise groove.

Feeling much better thanks!  Weekend was really good.  Weather finally got hot (maybe too hot!) so we made it to the pool twice and the farmers' market.  Also went out to dinner twice and had dinner with friends another night.  Weight is up about three pounds (eek!).  Definitely hoping that is temporary.  I lifted weights last night and hoping to get back into the exercise groove.  Yoga returns next week (yay!).

Weight heading back down.  Let's hope it keeps going!  I'm glad that I seem to be a down a bit from where I was a couple weeks ago but I'm now mid-range instead of top-of-range, which means I'm not there yet!

My food this week is a bit lacking because I didn't shop well for the week.  I went to the farmers market and got a bunch of produce, which is great, but I have almost no meat and no sweet potatoes.  Doing the best I can but I may need to make another store run.

I went last night and then I cooked up this great chicken/potato/vegetable roast.  So yummy!  My weight is kind of stuck, still up 1-2 pounds from last week.  Exercise has been good.  I'm doing everything right, I just need the weight to move.  

Another weekend, another two pound weight gain.  Sigh.  I'm not sure how to break the cycle.  My eating isn't as perfect on weekends as it is during the week but I didn't go crazy.  I avoided sugar and gluten -- had some non-gluten grains and wine -- but not much.  It's frustrating.  So I'm stuck in the same cycle, two pounds up on Monday, two pounds down on Friday.  I'm in my range, but I'm fluctuating between the high end and a couple pounds down.  On a brighter note, exercise has been good and I'm going to yoga today.

I forgot to share--guess what I found at the farmers' market?  Kombucha!  So exciting!  I bought four bottles.

Eating and exercise continue to be fine -- weight is inching down.

Weekend was good and fun (despite the crazy heat!).  I took Friday off and hung out with my son who just finished school.  Had dinner with friends Friday night and then mostly did kid stuff over the weekend -- soccer, baseball, swimming pool, etc.  I'm glad that the sports are wrapping up for the summer. They are fun but take up our whole weekend!  Eating was pretty good (not perfect, but what is new?).  I'm only up a pound today so yay for that.  Hoping to see the weight come down a bit this week.  Week is a little busy.  I have a work conference all day tomorrow, a girls' night tomorrow evening, and then a work luncheon on Wednesday.  After that things calm down and next weekend is completely unscheduled except for a kid soccer game and swim lessons.

I did well eating last night at the get-together and the work conference.  I'm getting better at this!  Weight is inching down but not doing better than last week even though I started lower.  A week and a half until vacation and I hope to start in a good place.

Archived