May 1 is my day 1

KatrinaM

Well, here goes nothing .... I am starting my Whole30 program tomorrow ... May 1.  I have always been a fairly healthy eater and I have been doing wheat belly for a few months now which has been ok, but haven't lost the weight I had hoped.  I am turning 50 this summer, have a sit down job and have little time at night to exercise (I know it's a lame excuse, just never got in the habit of it).  My metabolism seems to have come to a screeching halt and it seems like no matter what I try I cannot get rid of the 40 pounds that crept up on me in the last 2 years.  Hoping a good cleanse will reset my metabolism and get me back to a comfortable weight that i can just maintain.  I'm ready ........ 

Hi Katrina!  I'm starting today and I'll be 51 at the beginning of July. I also eat fairly healthy but need to slay the sugar dragon. I work at a desk 6 days a week and I self-admittedly hate to exercise - I need to work on that! It's definitely true that after 40 the weight sneaks on in places you never had to worry about before  :unsure:

• Moderators

I lost all the weight I had been struggling with with the Whole30, but it took me 15 months. I lost 2 pounds per month for 15 months in a row for a total of 30 pounds. I had been trying hard to lose weight with exercise the previous 2 years and was making no progress, so losing 2 pounds per month was a big deal for me. 

The Whole30 is not a cleanse! Your body is not dirty and does not need soap and water on the inside to get you healthy. The problem is that you have been eating foods that make you less healthy. During the Whole30, you eat only foods that make you more healthy. Your body does not become cleaner over the 30 days, it becomes healthier. When your body is healthier, lots of good things happen. One of the prized results for many of us is losing unwanted fat. The reason I make this point is that if the Whole30 worked as a cleanse, you could do one periodically to reset your body and then go back to how you were eating before and enjoy the lingering benefits of the "cleanse." But it does not work that way. As a side note, no cleanse actually works. The whole concept of a cleanse is complete crap that offers no lasting benefits, no matter how painful or unpleasant the cleanse experience. With the Whole30, if you go back to how you were eating before, you will go back to getting the unhealthy experience you were getting before. At least to the extent that you don't keep eating healthy foods and excluding most of the unhealthy foods. The Whole30 is really an introduction to a lifestyle change.

Hi, Ive started another Whole30 today as well. Ive stayed pretty much Paleo since my last Whole30 back in July but Ive slacked a bit this past month and started using coconut sugar with my coffee. Sugar is sugar, no matter how you dress it. Also, summer is coming which means vacation (YAY!) but Im not going to use "being on vacation" as an excuse to unhealthy eating.

Good luck to those that are starting today!

My husband and I have started Whole30 starting today! So excited. I have been eating paleo for the last 30 days, although it is not the goal I have lost 5lbs since I started. The first thing I noticed is I have been waking up at 6 AM(5:58 today) without the use of any alrm clock. That is a first in my life, typically I drag myself out of bed after hitting snooze like 3 times at 6:30 - 6:45. I have tons of energy! I cannot wait to see the other changes!!!

I wasn't expecting replies so thank you for taking the time to welcome me!  So far so good!  :)  No doubt there are serious benefits to eating this way.  

Thanks for the information about the cleanse - interesting - I've often wondered if there was any merit to that!

Good luck to all of you.  Day 1 almost down.  Rock on!!!!

1 day down with Scrambled Eggs Meal#1, Garbage stir fry(ground beef+left over sauted cabbage ) Meal #2 and Roasted Cauliflower & Porkloin Meal#3.

Day #2 : Meal#1: Monkey Salad(Shredded coconut+Cashew nuts+banana), it was my first time eating this but I loved it

Meal#2: Left over porkloin in 3 lettuce salad+cucumbers+onion, Meal#3: Grilled Chicken and sauted veggies.

Feeling great despite a bit tired because I woke up at 4:15 and went back to bed for 2 more hours of not so sound sleep! What is up with that!

Archived