Zucchini noodles

tiller_girl

I bought a znoodle gadget and about to try it out. So I just want to make sure the best way to cook zucchini noodles is just put a little oil in a pan and fix them that way? or Can you also steam them? I just want to fix them the best way possible.

Thanks for your help.

D.

• Moderators

I bought a znoodle gadget and about to try it out. So I just want to make sure the best way to cook zucchini noodles is just put a little oil in a pan and fix them that way? or Can you also steam them? I just want to fix them the best way possible.

Thanks for your help.

D.

Zucchini noodles cook really quickly. You could steam them, but don't cook them for very long or they'll end up soggy. If you're topping them with a sauce you're heating up, you can pretty much put the sauce over the zoodles while it's still nice and hot, and in a minute or two, the zoodles will be cooked. You can also saute them in a pan with a little oil -- again, just know they're not going to take long to cook at all. Here's a recipe for simple zucchini noodles if you want more specific how-to instructions.

If you make other vegetables into noodles, they may take more time to cook, but zucchini in particular definitely doesn't take long.

I saw someone suggest salting the zoodles and letting them sit in a strainer for a bit (like only a teaspoon… not enough to make it unpalatable when mixed with sauce) to remove extra liquid. I haven't tried that yet, but I plan to next time I have zoodles

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I almost always eat them raw (and don't salt them or squeeze them or anything).  I heat up whatever I'm putting on them (usually homemade bolognese sauce but sometimes this deliciousness in the summer).  I find that even pan frying them enough to heat them up just causes them to disintegrate.  I like the crunchy-ness of them raw!

Archived