Am I eating too much for breakfast?

Hi everyone, 

I'm on day 5 of my first Whole30 (wow, already day 5!) and have found that in order to stay full all the way to lunch I have been having 3 whole eggs and one hand-made sausage with the ingredients being ground pork and seasonings only. I tend to eat breakfast at 7:30 and have lunch at 12:30. I don't eat any fruit in the morning, because it's too sweet for me that early.

It's sooo good, and I'll probably have some variation of this every morning (like avocados and compliant salsa!), but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going overboard. 

• Moderators

I don't think you can eat too much for breakfast. Some people say it should be your largest meal of the day. The only thing wrong with your breakfast is that it is missing veggies. Avocado counts as a fat, even though it is technically a fruit. It is weird at first to squeeze veggies into breakfast because that is really new behavior. I had trouble with it until I started a routine of eating three extra large eggs and a big side of cold sauerkraut as my typical morning meal. 

Okay, thank you! So I wouldn't need to lower the amount I eat, just add veggies?

I actually LOVE veggies for breakfast, my favorite breakfast meal before I started the whole30 was a "veggie" wrap with veggie sausage (morningstar,highly soy based and processed), eggs, squash and zucchini in a wrap, so no problem adding them to breakfast! 

I always make sure my breakfast is massive...mainly because I know I'll probably kill someone before lunch if I don't  :lol:

Every morning, I hear Tom's (Internet) voice in my head saying, You can't make up for not eating enough at breakfast over the course of the day!

Lumberjacks would balk at the sight of my breakfasts. Eat up!

Archived