allergy reactions

So I started this whole30 diet thing 6 days ago.  since I started I ate some mango and cashews and broke out with an itchy rash on my face.  found out they have both have a delayed allergy reaction similar to papaya for me.

Now I have a new itchy rash just starting a couple hours ago with major bumps to it.  I ate a Jicama for the first time. besides an avocado, lime, and tomato (all raw)  

I have acne too now all over my face and head (those hurt) but these rashes?  HELP!

Hey Kfarming,

I have an allergy to mango and have recently learned that mangoes are in the same family as poison ivy. I think the harmful oils are mostly in the skin and I've heard that some people are okay so long as they are careful when removing the skin. The rash I get is so miserable I haven't been brave enough to try (even though I love mangoes). 

For a while, I thought I had fever blisters because the bumps would eventually weep and scab over but now that I know the poison ivy connection, the rash behavior makes more sense (lots of tiny bumps). 

I've heard that cashews are also related to mangoes and poison ivy but I seem to tolerate them okay in small quantities.

no it hadn't been my first time eating mangos but yeah I understand the correrlation. :(  GRRR>>> I'm finding I'm either reacting to avocado and/or Jicama too. What's the deal?  I called my new doctor who put me on this for advice and he didn't give me much hope. "Stay full with the avocados and sweet potatoes".  I"M ALLERGIC TO SWEET POTATOES!!!" I told him that at the beginning. I get painful abdominal pain and have diarrhea within 20 minutes." 

I'm on day 8 and all I want to eat is my GF bread and some chocolate! :( I don't have a lot of hope to this.

Don't lose hope. There's tons of other fruit and veggie options. If you're needing dense carbs, there's plantains, squashes, root veggies. For fat there's coconut milk, ghee, olives. You're actually gaining more info as you go along, which is a good thing!

plantains are in the same family as bananas?  Bananas have too high of tyramine and gives me migraines.  I've not done well with any squash GI wise...  

root veggies... reacting to them too. :(

I know I know. I'm making this impossible but it's what my body is reacting to.

I haven't been able to get ahold of any Ghee I live out in timbuktu(2hrs from any organic food type markets).

Archived