Starting Today...oh crap, tomorrow.

ctfinnegan

Hello, my name is Chad and I'm an alcoholic....oh wait, sorry, wrong forum. :)

I first heard of this program from a friend I respect and I suspect I'm the last person she'd ever think would try this...but I'm at a point in my life that I really need a change, I'll spare you the sob story.  More importantly, my sister wanted me to join a diet she is trying, I told her to try this one...she said it was too hard and there is no way I could do it, so the bet is on!

My biggest issue being, I like beer.  I brew my own beer, I usually have a couple of beers a night and life is good.  Contrary to earlier statement, it's not a problem, I'm not getting drunk every night...I'm active, I'm not overweight, good job...stop judging me!   jk :)  The bigger problem is unhealthy eating and the bachelor lifestyle...planning will be the biggest challenge, which is why I didn't start today...but have since prepared to start tomorrow.

In short, I'll miss beer...but I'm determined, I have a lot to be thankful for, I have great things to look forward to this summer and I'm hoping this will be the much needed catalyst to a healthier and more satisfying life for me.

Wish me luck, and thank you to all those who put these resources together, I'm sure it has been a lot of work.

-Chad

Hi Chad,

I have a similar relationship with wine, by 5 o'clock it is calling my name, I really love wine. I thought it would be the hardest thing to give up when I did my first whole30 but I found by week 2 I didn't even think about it any more.

Good luck, you can do it! I will be starting my 2nd round on Monday. Looking forward to getting back on track :)

For me the wine is more of a ritual. I usually have a glass of wine while cooking dinner. Most of the time it wasn't an issue and I didn't even miss it. Sometimes I put kombucha in a wine glass and I am good. Now I do this even when I am not on a whole30. One thing you might notice after your whole30 is you may no longer enjoy your favorite beer. Your taste buds will change so much, it's amazing. You can do it!

May no longer enjoy my favorite beer?!!!  Now that is down right scary...Day 2, I've had a non-stop headache all day?  could it be from this?  I can't imagine that I ate so poorly, or so much sugar that just two days without it my head is going to explode!  Usually don't get headaches, and I'm not usually drug taker...aspirin, etc.  But thinking I need to, suppose to be cooking but man, it's almost hard to function..I don't like headaches.

Ha, thanks...I somehow missed that timeline, not sure if it makes me feel better or not, replacing the headache with being grumpy...but feel better knowing it's common.  Thor's hammer to the temple is exactly right....its crazy to think that we are so inundated with processed crap everyday, that after just 2 days without, our bodies revolt.  I didn't think I ate horrible all the time, but I've certainly never felt like this....guess since it is predicated, gives you more resolve to continue on.   For the record, aspirin did nothing for pumpkin head.

Archived