Starting 5/5. Looking forward to it.

Joolz65

Hello I'm Julia and I suffer a dust allergy and regular cold sores.  Neither of these impact on my life to a great degree but it would be great if they stopped.  I'm 49, 5ft 5in and 135lbs, I regularly exercise, eat moderately well and don't drink or smoke.  I've just got to the part in the book where it says to start but we have a family coming to dinner at the weekend who are vegetarians.  It will give me a chance to clear the cupboards and get plenty of 'good' food in.  We subscribe to a vegetable box delivery every week but there's no way that is going to cover it (it doesn't now), but you'd need a huge cupboard for a week's worth of veggies anyway.  My husband is joining me but I'm not sure I could cope with the kids (aged 9 and 10) faces at mealtimes, but I may just do it by stealth  :) .  We don't eat a great deal of processed food so I'm not anticipating too many problems but breakfast will be the biggest challenge.  I'm also going to really miss cheese though, and home made bread.

Hello,

I am planning to start also on May 5th, first time.

I did a little bit of a challenge last year with my daughter for 21 days.

I already eat pretty healthy.

Should be exciting.

DonnaR

I hope you have all had a good day! Once I had joined the forum and said that I was starting I just went ahead and started anyway, so instead of this being the end of day one it's the end of day three.  Day one was fine but I felt a bit bloated and full, really struggled with my third meal.  Day two went the other way, we had a rushed lunch before our guests arrived and didn't put enough protein in the salad, but got around the vege problem by having a chicken breast with the curry I had made (butternut squash) and no rice.  Today has been great, not too full and not hungry either.  I've already given up on the kids, they don't like butternut squash, sweet potato, beetroot or any other carb-high veg.  They are having all the other stuff but with pasta or new potatoes.  It's still better than toast and chocolate spread for breakfast!  You would have thought I was trying to kill my daughter when she was presented with mackerel and beetroot salad for breakfast.  She did eat the fish and tomato salad but no way was she touching that beetroot :) .  Day four tomorrow, and day five I have a race in the evening; I hope I don't want to 'kill  everything' but I may be able to channel that anger as I run up the final hill to the finishing line.

Archived