May 2 day 1

KatieMcGraw

Day 1 as I have read is one of the easiest days,  I spent TWO hours last night getting all of my groceries, and another two hours cooking my lunch/dinner for today and my breakfast for the next three days (so I can do a grab and go in the morning).  My poor husband, not only is this going to be emotional for me (I have tried many a time to slay the sugar dragon and have failed), but it'll be "that time of the month", and trying out a new contraceptive. I told him I would understand if he hid out at a friends house for the next four weeks while my body repairs itself.  I'm hoping with this program I can cut out sweets, alcohol, and breads for good.  There is a long line of obesity, heart problems, high blood pressure, etc. in my family that I'm going to have to combat and putting junk in my body continuously just isn't helping. Cross your fingers for me fellow Whole30 fambam I'm in this for the long (very long and probably tiring) haul.

I'll post an end of day update tonight :D

HAPPY FRIDAY!

KatieMcGraw--this is my Day 1 too, and every word you wrote in your intro applies to me as well (right down to the cycle). I'm excited to start my Whole30 journey today but also not sure whether I can get through all 30 days. Good luck to you!

Traci

I thought I started May 1 until I did some more reading on my lunch break then checked the ingredient list on my "GreensPlus" daily powder drink...sweetened with stevia, so today is my new Day1!

I'm still not clear on the "snacking" rules.  I clearly didn't eat enough dinner tonight so just finished a grapefruit (a whole one) and a small handful of cashews. 

I'm very excited to do this challenge!

Good planning (luck) to everyone!

May 2 was my start date also. Whole30 is new to me. This is day 3 and I am surprised at my willpower. Tried many diets before and always fell off the wagon. I think the whole restriction actually helps me as I am famous for no brake eating. Good luck to everyone, we can get through this together. :)

I'm on day 5 and I'm tired and I have a headache.  Huge challenge today at lunch, I thought I ordered my salad properly (no pecans, no berries, no dressing) and it arrived with FETA cheese. OMG Huge panic attack so I blurted out "I CAN'T HAVE DAIRY", lol, they were very accommodating and said they would prepare a new salad and would also re-grill the chicken breast without the butter (what? I didn't know that a chicken breast had butter on it) I can't even imagine having to re-start at day 1 because of an accident like that! But I made it.  Dinner is soooooon.

I started on May 1st after a few days' trial (it's so easy to make mistakes the first few days); after a week now, I feel like I'm getting the hang of it.  My biggest issue is constipation, but I just started taking Trader Joe's Cal/Mag/VitD supplement which seemed to help.  Who would have thought you could have constipation with all these vegies!  Best meal yet - last night I made an eggplant casserole with sauteed eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and spinach (sauteed with olive oil) placed in a casserole with compliant marinara sauce over it and crushed 100% pineapple sprinkled over the top.  Yum!  Served with salmon and swordfish kabobs cooked in water in a covered pan.  As for snacks, I also seem to need something between meals as I get shaky about an hour after breakfast.  I don't consider it cheating to have a couple of almonds and a couple of grapes to get me through.  If I add a little shredded unsweetened coconut in the afternoon it really helps.

As for snacks, I also seem to need something between meals as I get shaky about an hour after breakfast.

Hi, Amy. This is indicating that you're not eating enough for breakfast. It takes some trial and error, but the goal is to eat enough at each meal to keep you full for 4-6 hours -- until the next meal.  Remember to have one or two palm size protein sources, veggies to fill the rest of the plate, and a thumb size amount of fat -- at each meal. Minimum.

Sometimes snacking may be unavoidable, in which case make it a "mini-meal" with protein and fat.

See the meal template for guidance. Good luck!

Thanks, Glenn, for your advice!  I thought I was doing pretty well with breakfast - three eggs cooked in olive oil with a plate full of vegies every morning, and I eat until I can't eat anymore.  I've always thought I had low blood sugar issues, thus the need for something a little sweet mid-morning.  I seem to do better eating my fruit between meals rather than with them, but I've become very careful with coconut milk and even balsamic dressing which seem to affect me and cause cravings and TMJ.  Any other comments and/or advice is welcome!

Archived