Eating before or after work out??

Hello, I hope someone can clarify this for me. I have read the book and have started my program. I have only one concern, it says you need to eat your first meal within one hour of waking up. I get up at 5 a.m. and work out at 5:30, I do not want to throw my breakfast up while working out and I know if I won't work out in a.m. I will not do it later in the day. I feel like if I have committed to Whole30, I need to do it right and get my hormones in place. Bottom line do I eat at 5:00 or 7:00 a.m.?? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you guys so much)))

• Moderators

Working out first thing in the morning is a valid reason to postpone breakfast, but it is useful to eat a little something early in the AM. The meal template outlines this well: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

If you can, try eating a boiled egg when you get up in the morning washed down with some water. Some people can't stand that much food. Maybe try a handful of nuts instead.

Eat some lean protein immediately after working out and maybe some sweet potato or another starchy veggie. This will be pretty early in the day and will help get your hormones where they need to be. Then eat breakfast when you can. On days when you workout, the meal template calls for eating 5 meals. Pre and post-workout meals and then the three basic ones. 

Archived