Pre-squeeze lemons?

bpfwhole30

I want to pre-squeeze some lemons for their juice. I like to have Perrier with lemon, but I don't drink it often enough to cut up a whole lemon for it. Would the juice keep in the fridge? For how long? Alternately, is there a compliant lemon juice bottle I can buy (I've noticed the ones in the store all have bad stuff)?

Thanks for your thoughts!

You can make ice cubes out of juice and add them to your drinks, or slices of lime, lemon or orange. Just make sure it's not sneaking into SWYPO territory (drinking fruit juice). I find lemon & lime the easiest not to overdo.

Most of the preserved ones taste manky compared to the real thing :)

A cut up lemon keeps for a few days in the fridge. I add lemon, lime and mint to my water, and it takes me about 4 days to go through the slices once I cut one up. I buy organic and just throw the slices, peal and all, in my cup with a slight squeeze, and I can refill my glass many times and still taste the flavors, especially when I use sparkling water (I think maybe the bubbles pull out the flavor).

You might also just want to try La Croix sparkling water, it's compliant and they have lemon flavor.

Archived