May 5th start

Kage

Hi,

As I have previously posted I am planning a 2nd whole 30 starting May 5th.  I am not feeling very capable at the moment and so need all the support I can get!!  I have noticed quite a few posts on here with others planning to start the same day so I thought I would make this thread to try and get every one together.  I found the support from having whole30 buddies invaluable first time round and this time the more the better :)

So if you are planning a May 5th start  or even a few days around that please come and join me :)  

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's support each other ... I will be starting May 5th.

The thing that I am anticipating is my morning coffee with cream. I do not like coffee black but will try it, other than that we will see.

Good luck to everyone starting May 5th!

This is the 2nd time I'm doing the Whole30. The first time was a great experience! Not only did I lose weight, I was stronger and faster in my workouts and had tons of energy. Drinking black coffee was probably the most challenging part of the program, however it only took about a week (if that) before I got used to it. Since then, I have yet to add anything to my coffee.  In fact, I can't drink it with anything in it, tastes gross!  Since my first Whole30, I've stuck to a mostly Paleo diet but not strict. I'm looking forward to the next 30 days cuz I know how great I'm going to feel :) .  Good luck everyone!

I will be starting tomorrow as well. This will be my first attempt at Whole30, but my second attempt at clean eating.  My biggest challenge will be the lack of caffeine in the afternoon  :wacko:

Good morning every one. It is Monday morning here and I am enjoying my beef and tomato soup for breakfast, have my lunch packed and ready to head of to work. Day 1 here we go :)

I'm starting my second one tomorrow too. I need all the help I can get, as I had planned on doing another one 6 months ago and just couldn't get it together. But I shopped yesterday and my food for tomorrow is planned and packed. Good luck to all!

Today is my first day, too! It's my first time around and I'm a bit nervous about falling off the bandwagon.

I cut out coffee a couple weeks ago for other reasons so that's one thing I don't have to worry about!

Good Morning Everyone,

Day 1 and already a little hic up :o ....... the egg mixture that I made Sunday for Monday and Tuesday breakfast had disappeared in my fridge.

Children ! I have three and two of them had one each unknown to me. But at least they are enjoying my Whole30 recipes too!

So this morning I had to scramble a little but that is what I did, scramble up some eggs in the microwave ... and of course had my coffee black which was not that bad. 

So, so far so go but only meal one! :D

Hope everyone is doing good and facing the challenge!

Off to work and my prepared lunch which no one took of a grilled chicken breast, salad and cut up peppers and cucumbers.

Supper will be another salad (I love salads) and I made some turkey meatballs which taste great!

What is everyone drinking besides water and black coffee or tea??????

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Donna :rolleyes:

Good Morning Everyone,

Day 1 and already a little hic up :o ....... the egg mixture that I made Sunday for Monday and Tuesday breakfast had disappeared in my fridge.

Children ! I have three and two of them had one each unknown to me. But at least they are enjoying my Whole30 recipes too!

So this morning I had to scramble a little but that is what I did, scramble up some eggs in the microwave ... and of course had my coffee black which was not that bad. 

So, so far so go but only meal one! :D

Hope everyone is doing good and facing the challenge!

Off to work and my prepared lunch which no one took of a grilled chicken breast, salad and cut up peppers and cucumbers.

Supper will be another salad (I love salads) and I made some turkey meatballs which taste great!

What is everyone drinking besides water and black coffee or tea??????

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Donna :rolleyes:

Yes!  I thought for sure my fiance and I were the only ones starting on such a random day!  This is our second whole 30, our first was in January and it was awesome!  We both lost weight and felt amazing.  This time we are only doing 21 days due to certain events that we don't want to be super strict at.  I am so excited to start feeling healthier, have more energy for exercise, cut out alcohol and get better sleep.  Its not necessarily related to the whole 30, but in the spirit of taking better care of myself, my goal is to work on good sleep hygiene these 21 days ... that means no watching TV in bed, staying up too late, etc.  I wanted to try this during the last whole 30 but it kind of got pushed aside.  I also am excited to get back into working out again!  I will be done with this semester in a week which will give me more time to be outdoors and get some exercise.  Plus, the added energy from eating well and not feeling crappy from eliminating bad foods and alcohol will really help me out.  I'm so ready for this, although there are a few events in the next couple of weeks that I will have to figure out how to navigate food-wise.  Glad we're not the only May 5th whole 30ers!

There are so many of us! That is awesome! Day 1 has passed pretty uneventfully. I didn't have enough protein at lunch so I was starving by 3.30 but no cravings or any thing.

Donna - grrr at your kids pinching your breakfast. I find breakfast the hardest meal of the day if I am not prepared. I am lost when I discover some one has eaten what I planned to have.

How has every one else gone Day 1?

I started yesterday, 5/4, on my first round of the whole30 and I am so excited, so if ya'll don't mind I'll join you since you are closest to my start date!! I am not a huge coffee drinking but I love hot tea. I bought several varieties this weekend and they aren't too bad without honey. Breakfast this morning was sweet potato hash, 2 scrambled eggs and blueberries.

I decided that instead of worrying about my son eating my breakfasts, I make enough for us both! He is 12 and will be doing the program for breakfast and dinner and I am leaving it open for him to adopt for lunch if he would like. So far so good. Yesterday I made tuna salad (w/ home made olive oil mayo) and served it on fresh spinach leaves...he asked for seconds!!

I am a few days ahead of most of you but also on my second Whole 30. @Donna, I drink SoBe water and it says it has no sugar and its alot less boring than regular water. I had a tremendous experience with my first Whole 30 and dropped 17 lbs, 5% body fat and two pant sizes. I was also very happy with my allergies going away, acid reflux going away, and the great sleep and energy I had. I will admit, I am a picky eater and I cant say that I spend any time trying to find sugar free bacon or make my ketchup from dirt and pine cones. My biggest issues were beer, alcohol, all thr breads, pizza, cake, cookies, chips, and ALL the rest of the garbage that I put in my mouth. My methods might not be accepted by the true Whole 30 "purists", but it worked for me and if I can give anyone like me a little hope that they can be successful, then thats fine with me. I lost 14 pounds from January to March (working out), and 17 with Whole 30 (no working out). I have 20 more to go to reach my goal of 51 pounds! I wont be stopped!

Dave

I am starting today, May 5th. I started about 9 days ago, but on Saturday a situation came up and I thought to myself "I don't think I'm seeing any improvement" so I went out with friends. I woke up Sunday with sinusitus (I hadn't noticed that was gone) muscle soreness (I hadn't noticed that was gone) and felt awful. Today I'm committed even to the scale being put away and sitting down to eat and regular meal times. I would love a couple of people to check in with, if anyone is available. I would love to get back on the tennis court and at the gym.

June 5th we will feel so much better!

Geminimik

Thank you Dave, I will look into SoBe water.

I will also be making lemon water and cucumber water to try to liven up my water.

Although I am not a big drinker, I will miss the occasion beer.

Thank you to all for the help!

Archived