May 5th start

Kage

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bluegrassmama,

Have an awesome day at the concert, the restaurant, and maybe the jacket will be a size smaller not that it matters if you are feeling better..... that is all that matters! 

Well I finished a whole 30 and I am pretty pumped. At times I didn't think I could do it but I'm glad I pulled through. I only had one bad episode of binge eating, day 29. I wanted to dive into a carton of icecream. I wanted to emotionally eat and I was trying to talk myself into it since it was day 29. I mean I'm almost done. I didn't dive into the icecream but I did binge eat 3 Lara bars. I had only had 1 Lara bar the entire 29 days and then I didn't have the strength to not eat Lara bar after Lara bar after Lara bar. I was disappointed with myself the next morning but tried not to get too down. I had made it 29 days without binge eating, not snacking and eating 3 square meals a day. And that to me is a huge accomplishment.

I started this journey to lose weight but quickly found that the weight loss was not the best thing about whole30. I found that my energy level and happiness were even more important then the weight loss. My kids noticed it too. I played with them way more and I enjoyed it:). I also realized that I can have fun in social occasions without drinking and eating chips and sweets. There is plenty I can bring to the table that myself and everyone else can enjoy. I also noticed that I don't need to drink just because everyone else is. I went to a BBQ on Vashon a Island for Memorial Day weekend. We got there at noon and everyone was already drinking. I didn't crave a beer or a drink or any of the non whole30 snacks that were out. I actually didn't want a drink until about 4:00pm. So it made me realize that sometimes I'm drinking only because everyone else is. And don't have a drink until you really want a drink and when you do have that drink enjoy it and savor it.

I feel very empowered after this whole30. I know I can keep this up as a lifestyle, and when I second guess myself, when I do fall into that icecream carton I can always look back and see how I felt at the end of my journey.

May 5th weight 182

June 4th weight 164

Goal weight 150

Yay!!! Congrats Tzarter!!! So great to hear about everything that you learned and see your fabulous results!

As we finish up don't forget about our reintroduction forum link: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/19604-55-group-reintro-time/

While we are coming to an end of this part of our journey we still have a very important part left with the reintroduction!

Tzarter,

Amazing results, keep up the good work. I mostly enjoyed your outline of the NSV's you enjoyed from the program. I am really excited to start this program on Monday with Drill Sergeant Dave and his Merrywomen.

Dave - does your wife know about your W30 Harem?

m 

Well Day 31.....

I have to say that I am a changed person with how I relate to food.

I will continue to eat a big breakfast..... I have found a new love for eggs.... But I honestly feel that eating breakfast is so very important to how you relate to food the rest of the day!

I thought that I would miss a lot of things but in actually I missed not that much. The one thing that I truly found amazing is that I was not hungry, I had no temptation to snack.... In my mind a little but not in any carvings t all!

And although I probably drank more water thn I have in a very long time, I hardly felt bloated whereas before I always felt bloated.

My skin looked better, my hair felt healthier, my nails feel stronger, I seem to be in a better mood but this you might have to check with others..... And I truly love the extra energy that I have found this last 30 days.... I just LOVE it!

And I thought that I did not lose weight just the feeling of being bloated all the time, a little scared to step on the scale today...... but ...............

I DID..... I lost 10 pounds, I can hardly believe it!

Congratulations to everyone and thank you to you all..... I enjoyed these last 30 days sharing this journey with you and wish you all continued success as we move forward.

This has changed my life and I will continue to follow it most of the time. I will probably do another one in the fall unless I begin to feel totally crappy with my little cheats!

Bye bye for now!

Deb.

Do you think we're the only ones left awake?

Let's make a plan to get together toward the end of this W30. UP through July 1 my schedule is packed, but if you have time after, we'll meet somewhere for an ice tea or something.

m

Finally! Today is my last official day! I am excited and saddened at the same time. I really am not interested in reintroducing some things to my diet, but I know I need to do the reintroduction just so I know what affects me. So...I will do the introduction but then I am going to go back to how I'm eating. I am planning on staying paleo and mostly whole30 from now on. I'm going to work for a 90/10 balance.

Auburn,

Congratulations on a job well done! It sounds like you've really reaped some amazing benefits. We'll look forward to watching your followup and hope you'll check in on us on 9 June Start.

Wahoo, day 30.

Miki

Great job Renee! You are almost there!

As I mentioned before, this has been a tremendous group of people that have done an outstanding job of supporting each other. I also mentioned that we had over 590 replies and over 7000 views on this thread. To put it in perspective, the avergae thread has around 20 replies and 100 views. The only other thread I found that had better numbers than ours was a thread that started 1 January! Gee, does that sound like a common date when people start a healthier lifestyle? Congrats to everyone for all their support.

Dave

@Dave- wow! Those numbers really do put things in perspective! I feel so lucky I found this group! 

Ok folks, I'll post this in "success stories" too but here are my results: 

12 pounds lost!

-1" on waist

-1/2" below belly button

-2 1/2" from hips?!

That's about 2 pounds less than my goal weight and about 7 pounds more than I thought I'd lose! I really, really don't want to be focused on my scale but I have to say, it was a great feeling to step on (and read!) the scale this morning! See y'all in 3 days! 

Hehehehe...I posted this on the reintro-board but I'll post here too....drum roll....

And the results are in!! I lost 15 lbs, 3.5 inches from my stomach, 3 inches from my chest, 2 inches from my hips, and an inch from each thigh!!! All of those numbers are just icing on the cake! My entire story is long, so if you would like to read it and see some before and after pictures check out my blog.... http://amazeofthough...t-of-story.html

Archived