May 5th start

Kage

Very nice! I am too picky to eat squash and I am always amazed at how elaborate some people get when making their meals. I guess I just keep it simple.

Miki - you sound tired.......but NOT defeated! Hang in there. I am proof that you don't have to do the gym. I worked out hard for three straight months and lost 13 pounds. I stopped the gym and started W30 and lost 17 pounds in a month. I only felt hungry and tired/dizzy the first few days and after that I went into (as my kids call it) "Total Beast Mode" and was amazed at how much energy I had. I am about 4 days into my second W30 and going strong.

@Audream - you sound like you are doing well and only have 4 more days until your addiction to carbs/sugar is gone. Keep up the good work. It will pay off.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ready for day 2! Woke up around 7 and slammed a bottle of water and had my breakfast (leftover sweet potato quiche) before my first cup of coffee (as outlined in program).  While I had the fridge open, I went ahead and made a salad and put aside a bowl of soup (beef & pumpkin stew) for lunch. The best thing about this program for me is the recipes! I absolutely love paleo recipes, especially those found in the Wel Fed Paleo 2 cookbook (Whole 30 approved). Got lots to do today so I'm hoping the energy levels stay up.  Have a great day everyone!

I am going to start today. I have been having a really hard time getting back on my Dr diet for Leaky Gut. This will be my second Whole30. I am going to start with this and in a week or 2 eliminate the other items that I am not supposed to have and get on the Leaky Gut diet. It is just hard because this is longer than a 30day period for me. Dr says it can take up to 3-4 months to cure it. I did really well the first time around. I have my bone broths ready for the next few days of feeling icky. I am also going to start re-reading the daily news letter. That was incredibly helpful

Good luck! I agree, the daily newsletter was worth the money!

I am making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight w/ Zoodles (zuchinni noodles)! I bought a julianer just for this purpose although I've been seeing a lot of posts about a spiral cutter that looks awesome!

Hi Dave,

This is what the spagetti has in it ..... is a mixture of vege (onions, red pepper, green peppers, fresh tomato, mushrooms, celery,  fresh garlic and extra lean meat, with tomato sauce (just tomato and water-no sugar, we have one of those 'new' blenders-Blendtex) and salt, pepper to taste and we pour it over a spagetti squash after it is baked. If you have never tried spagetti squash I highly recommend it, we tried it last year for the first time and in our opinion is amazing, my children just loved it!

Pretty simple and tastes great. My kids and husband add cheese to the top and I do not.

Donna

I am making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight w/ Zoodles (zuchinni noodles)! I bought a julianer just for this purpose although I've been seeing a lot of posts about a spiral cutter that looks awesome!

I love zucchini noodles! I have the Paderno Plastic Spiral Veg Slicer and absolutely love it! I've never used a julianer but highly recommend the spiral slicer if you don't have much luck.  Here's a link I stumbled upon for the various gadgets to create zoodles:

http://paleotreats.mysharebar.com/view?iframe=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2014%2F04%2F10%2Fvegetable-noodles-are-going-to-change-everything_n_5112928.html&title=This+Cheap+New+Kitchen+Gadget+Will+Change+The+Way+You+Eat+Veggies&description=Meet+your+new+favorite+kitchen+tool.+...+

"Auburnga"? I'm interested in the spiral cutter, that sounds fun - where do I find that.

Dave, I want to be a beast, bring it on. I am a little tired but trying to hold it together until the Euphoria hits. I've been trying to lose weight all my life, traveling from diet to diet like my life depends on it, while working out at the gym, playing tennis, walking and obsessing about food. I would love for this to bring peace to my relationship with food.

hugs

mamamiki

Good Morning Everyone! :)

Onto Day 2....  I am finding hard the no snacking, I use to snack all day long. :unsure:

Breakfast went well this morning, no kiddies ate my breakfast.

So this morning I had my egg scrambler (saute vege with eggs poured on top and baked in the over), broccili salad (broccili, onions, and homemade mayo with a dash of vinegar and some garlic) and I had an orange...... and of course 'black coffee' which is getting better.

I made some lemon water to get me thru the day..... lunch is my salad, and spagetti.

Supper unsure.... any ideas ???????

tara_bella, I also felt a little sluggish yesterday afternoon, hopefully today it will be a little better. :blink:

Way to go Kage :D , Day 2 done for you!

Hope everyone is doing well !

Just wondering.... since this is my first time, how much should we be eating for each meal?

Hi Donna,

To answer your question "how much to eat for each meal" here's a PDF I keep on my desktop to refer to. Hope it helps!

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Hi Mamamiki,

Keep your chin up and you can do it. :rolleyes:

I was a little 'foggy' yesterday and woke with a little headache this morning but feel fine at the moment.

Who knows what the rest of the day will bring ?????

@AuburngalNC I have never heard of zucchini noodles but I am excited to try them!

Hugs,

Donna

Hey Donna,

I'm not a huge Zucchini fan, but with avocado sauce anything should be good. That link to the spiral cutter shows some amazing recipes, not sure they're all W30 approved. I really don't have time to have fun with food until the weekends. It's Mother's Day so I did want to try my hand at a couple of "new dishes" for the occasion, no one needs to know they're W30.

Yes, am looking forward to getting a little zip, whenever the ZIP sets in.

MamaMiki

Hope you don't mind a Brit butting in!

I started on Sunday 4 may. I have been an avid low carber for years but have been neglecting the vegetables! I've become as phobic about carbs as I used to be about fat! Ha ha.

I already cut out all sweeteners - both natural and artificial - and have since Sunday cut out all dairy.

Here's to the next 28 or so days! As it's my 50th birthday on 17 may I may have a glass of bubbly. I'm having a proper party in the summer so I will no doubt recommit on 18 may. I did think of delaying but I may as well get a few weeks in, have a mini blip, and restart.

We can do it! X

I started yesterday too!! So glad to have found you all. 

I'm a sugar addict with auto immune issues. Been gluten and dairy free for years but not a fan of green veggies. Love to cook! Missing my tacos. 

Excited to do this. 

I too started May 5th. This is my first time doing it and a little nervous. Okay, A LOT nervous. Today I just feel exhausted and not all that hungry, but know if I don't eat, I'll be feeling way worse later. 

So any tips any of you have for a newbie, would be greatly appreciated. Mostly, how not to eat so much fruit. hah

Having an anxiety eating day, so sad...I hate that. Had a very satisfying breakfast, lunch is at 2 (it's 12:00) have nothing for a snack...I guess I need to be a little more prepared. Perhaps a carrot with almond butter?

Welcome Everyone.

I think I find the afternoons the hardest..... I find that I am not as hungry at lunch and maybe I do not eat as much as I should and then I am a little groggy... like now! :unsure:

But hang in there everyone........ take it one day at a time, at least that is what I am trying to do!

Donna,

Great advice thank you. I'm just looking forward to the part where the weight of the world lifts off our shoulders and we can clean the whole house in and hour, and then be ready to dance the night away!

M

Hi!  I just now saw this post.  I started my first ever Whole30 on May 5th as well.  I thought I was prepared, but I wasn't so now I'm playing a little bit of catch up on food prep and stocking food in my house.  I live with my husband (who is thin but has terrible eating habits!) and my two teenage children.  No one is on the plan except me.  I should have just cleaned the house out of all of their junk and said, hey we are all doing it.... but I didn't.  So, now my biggest challenge is how to stay motivated and stay out of their snacks....

Also, I've done another diet successfully -- Ideal Protein, which is somewhat along these lines EXCEPT -- they give you lots of SWYPO (sex with your pants on) options to "replace" things like sugary desserts (pudding?) and "chips".  This is the part that has hit home with me the most so far -- why try to have a pseudo item to replace a real thing like bread?  It really is like SWYPO.  And really, the diet was "successful" in terms of I lost 42 pounds, felt great but could not, for the life of me, figure out how to do their maintenance.  Also, much of their protein comes from soy.  Maybe not a good idea in such large amounts?  Sadly, I gained all but about 5 pounds of the weight back.  :-(

Now, I'm not really here to lose weight anymore.  I just want to feel great and have energy.  Ok, a small part of me still wants to be the skinny girl.....  But if I can feel great and have energy then I feel like I won't focus on my own size so much.  If that makes sense.  

anyway, I'm going to try to check in every day.  I'm on day two, and so far I feel pretty good.

Thanks for listening.... Jamie

Lunch of roasted organic chicken with a fennel, grapefruit, orange, caper, olive and marjoram salad. Let the grapefruit juice be the acid in the dressing and tossed with some olive oil, pink Himalayan salt, and pepper. 

Breakfast this morning was smoked salmon (no sugar or other adds) with avocado and some fish oil. 

Snack - almond butter on apple. 

FEELING GOOD!! 

(but the plantain chips in my drawer are calling out to me) 

[quote name="DonnaR" post="197054"

Just wondering.... since this is my first time, how much should we be eating for each meal?

Google the "whole30 meal template" and you will get a pdf that spells it out pretty clearly :)

Day 3 and I am so tired I can't get out of bed. I have to get moving though or no one will get any where today, my kids are 5 and 7 and NOT morning people lol

Archived