Hi! I'm new!

aconnolly

Hello everyone, my name is Amber and although I've heard about the whole30 previously, was happy with just being paleo/primal. Well, as I'm kind of addicted to cheese and other dairy products, I've decided that I need to adjust my diet and the whole30 seems to tick all the right boxes.

I'm nervous about this as it seems pretty strict compared to what I'm used to. Any tricks or advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated! I'm starting Monday so I can get my shopping done now.

Prepare the best that you can. Have quick easy meals that you can put together in 15 min so you are not tempted to order pizza. Make homemade mayo so you have it when you need it. Make sure you eat according to the meal planning template. If you need a snack then eat one! Try to make it a mini meal instead of fruit and nuts. Be gentle with yourself, if you eat a handful of nuts instead of a handful of chocolate cake celebrate!

I would avoid eating out or having anyone cook for me on my whole30. Most people have to start over because they ate a non compliant ingredient in food that someone else cooked. Although your family and friends mean well they are not living the rules and really don't understand the consequences. They will use store bought chicken with gluten, they will add wine, butter or flour to the sauce without thinking that you can't have that. You can do it!

Archived