Not to bad

jedinucc

Well, I'm 7 days into this.  I hasn't been too bad except for starving.  But that's my own fault because my portions were out of control.  I am already supposed to be gluten, dairy and egg free.  Plus I can't have legumes so I don't have as many withdrawals as others would.  Been through it on those things.

But I've dropped alcohol, all grains (popcorn  :( ) and of course sugar and artificial sweeteners.

I've made:

buffalo chili with asparagus  

butternut squash soup

shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles

pork chops and asparagus

avocado, tomato, jalapeno, apple, olive,  basil, cilantro and salt/pepper salad

Today - 

1. almonds, chili

2. avocado tomato salad, ground beef patty

3. ?? not sure yet

My family has tried it all, kids are less open, husband is fine and doing it with me.

By day 3 I wasn't starving any more.  Was tired yesterday afternoon but I think it was because I didn't get to eat all my lunch.   

Hopefully I keep my resolve and finish this thing.   I'm feeling confident now.  

Congratulations! You should not be starving, you should eat enough to satisfy you until your next meal. Are you eating according to the meal planning template? Your meals above do not seem to have 2-3 cups of vegetables at each one. I think you need to eat more. Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water each day? Good Luck!

You're probably right, thanks. I am drinking a lot of water and tea so I think I am ok there. We have found we really like a salad with kale/spinach/chard + blueberrries, blackberries (just a few), green onions dressed with oil/vinegar and have that with all dinners and many lunches, so that's in addition to the main dishes.

Just finished the cooking for the week. It really is so much easier if you have 20 containers in the fridge monday morning, I don't think I could do this if I didn't mass produce!

Archived