Anna's 2nd Whole30

Anna Salazar

Day 1 (May 3rd)

meal 1: 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, spinach drizzled with ghee + coffee with coconut milk (1 tsp)

apple for snack

meal 2: chicken thigh, steamed broccoli + more coffee

Meal 3: pan seared tilapia with ghee and spices, broccoli, peppers and onions with more ghee

i'm a nurse and when i work a 12 hour shift i get so hungry, need more snack ideas for work days

Day 2 (May 4th)

meal 1: 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, spinach drizzled with ghee + coffee with coconut milk (1 tsp)

• Moderators

Boiled eggs are a good snack food. I like baked sweet potatoes, to which I sometimes add dried raisins and macadamia nuts. 

I am pretty sure you need to eat more at meals. Two eggs is too light for all but the tiniest people. Three or even four is usually about right. 

you are definitely right. two eggs used to seem like an insurmountable amount of food for me and now i can throw it back in less than ten seconds. and then im hungry again in two hours. Thanks for the feedback.

Anna, I am also a nurse and I work 12 hour night shifts. I have found the once I increased my protein and fats, especially m1 and m2, I was able to go 5 hours between meals without truly being hungry. I struggled with "thinking" that I was hungry because I was used to having something to eat at certain times during my shift. When I am really busy and truly do get hungry, I keep a small handful of nuts or toasted coconut and a beef stick (whole30 approved), prosciutto, etc handy for a quick snack.

day 2 Meal 3 - salad greens with balsamic vinegar and olvie oil, rotisserie chicken thighs, and broccoli (dinner at my parent's house, not the best tasting)

Day 3 Meal 1 - Tom's Chicken Vindaloo (I made yesterday in the crock pot) + spinach drizzled with ghee + cofffee with coconut milk

Day 3 Meal 2 - same as meal 1 (I'll be working) + another coffee (black)

Day 3 Meal 3 - Pan fried sardines from WellFed2 cookbook + salad greens with balsamic vinegar and olive oil

Wow ^ that was better than I expected. Pan fried sardines, thumbs up.

Day 4 Meal 1: ginger crock pot chicken + spinach drizzled with ghee + coffee with coconut milk

Day 4 Meal 2: ginger crock pot chicken, broccoli with ghee, apple

Day 4 Meal 3: bone broth, salad balsamic vinegar and olive oil, plus a can of sardines with olive oil

I feel bloated and irritable. But irritable is baseline for me, so that's no big deal.

need to start over. I derailed myself yesterday. I didn't plan well. I ate a chocolate chip cookie at work. Nothing to blame but myself, so I am starting over. 

today:

meal 1: 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, broccoli with ghee, half lamb sausage

apple for a snack 

meal 2: chicken (crock pot) with carrots and spinach + added ghee

meal 3: lamb sausage and onions sauteed in olive oil + romaine leaves and peppers with olive oil and apple cider vinegar

day 2

meal 1: lamb sausage, 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, asparagus sauteed in olive oil

meal 2: grilled chicken on a salad with balsamic vinaigrette 

apple, nuts (12 hour shift at work)

meal 3: salad with steak from a thai place

day 3

meal 1: two eggs cooked in coconut oil + spinach cooked in bone broth + radishes

meal2: piece of bacon, avocado/chicken/egg salad 

apple

meal 3:

Archived