Day 1...overwhelmed and sad

Here is my 2 cents . . .

I think your experience is very similar to most people on the whole30. We are all overwhelmed at the beginning, we all get angry and frustrated (kill all things), we all get bored of cooking and thinking about food and don't feel hungry and barely eat. I just want to say welcome to the whole30! It is not easy! I don't think you should feel like a failure because your whole30 doesn't look like someone else's. I think you learned a lot during this challenge.

Just a note about my whole30. I did not have any amazing results on my three whole30s. The only thing that improved was my acid reflux. I did not lose any weight, no improved sleep, no tiger blood, my skin did not improve. So from the outside I look like a failure, but for me I learned a lot about myself. I am still working to find the right food plan for me.

I hope you can be gentile with yourself and realize how amazing you are! It takes a lot of courage to do a whole30 and to have support during it is awesome! I wish you all the best!

Each time I start (and fail) a Whole30 I gain a little more knowledge and a little more success.  If you don't finish this one, perhaps come back and try again or just try to incorporate what you *can* do into your diet (maybe just keeping out dairy) for several months and get that settled and then come back for another Whole30 to try to eliminate the rest?  

Rome was not built in a day.   ;)

I encourage you to eat more.  Everyone always says that to me so I will now pass it on!

Archived