Rollo's W30 2014 and Beyond!

rollo

I last posted on this forum in 7/2013 - almost a year ago. 

I never managed to do W30 a full thirty days in a row, but did it long enough (with the occasional slip-up) that I saw a major change in my waist, my health, and in how i felt.  My schedule then had some major changes and I found that I wasn't able to (or just plain didn't) make cooking my own food a priority. 

Once my schedule got better, I found myself night after night after night saying "tomorrow, i start W30" and I often did, only not to get very far.  So, I finally asked myself, why was I able to get far last year but not now??  And I realized, last year I would post in this forum!!  I'd post what I was going through, and read about others' progress.  I'd cheerlead for some and get the occasional attaboy myself. I'd feel accountable and that would help keep me focused and feel like I could do this.

So, here I am, back and ready to go. 

Looking to not only hit the full 30 but to make this a lifestyle. 

Rollo

Day 1 - Meal 1

I packed Nom Nom Paleo's Cheater Pork Stew in my slow cooker last night.  Woke up to great smells and a brand new start with a tasty 1st meal. 

I'm excited about doing this and a bit scared - I remember how the first few days are tough and not looking forward to that.  I also feel like i'm saying goodbye to the crappy way I was eating - which, while bad, was something i knew well and was within my comfort zone.  Cooking all the time, staying away from all the lousy stuff that's been going into my body, making what i put into my body a priority, that's all stuff that's relatively new to me, and, as of this first meal, feels a tad outside that comfort zone.

Rollo

Day 1 - Meal 2.  Basically, same as meal 1.  More NNPCPS (see above).  Wasn't sure if I was getting enough fat, since I didn't add any so I had a tiny handful of cashews as well.

Also, no more soda.  Just water. (not a coffee drinker).

I'm expecting tomorrow to be crazy tough as my body screams for crap while simultaneously going through caffeine withdrawal headaches. 

But...i'm gonna try and use the horrible feelings as badges of honor! 

Rollo

Day 1 finished strong!  After doing an awesome cardio hip hop class, I put on a clean t-shirt and stopped over at Whole Foods.  Picked up a rotisserie chicken that comes from a local farm.  Free range organic chicken.  Grabbed some bok choy, red &yellow bell peppers.  Cooked the veggies with a new spice that my friend (a pro chef) just put out as part of her line of spices.  No sugar, organic, she assured me.  I tried the spicy one and ate that stuff up!!  Finished it up with a small handful of cashews.

I'm assuming I feel good right now because of the workout.  I'm expecting to go through pangs tomorrow, but I'm ready for it!

Rollo

Day 2 - (Meals 1 & 2)

Overslept so didn't get a chance to cook the breakfast i wanted to.  Note to self:  Cook breakfast tonight before going to bed!

So, both breakfast and lunch were leftovers of NNPCPS.  Which is fine.  I'm not quite sick of it yet, but look forward to eating something else. 

REALLY wanna make some egg muffins for breakfast.  Gonna make 'em tonight!

Well, egg muffins are gonna have to wait. Got home to late to cook.  But Day 2 Meal 3 was successful...just some tasty chicken (leftover rotisserie free range chickens from WF) with veggies and some cashews.  Yum.

I'm not "hungry" but I do feel like hey, my stomach's not as full as it's used to.  Then again, i'm also not feeling any of the negatives of that too, so that's a plus. 

On to day 3!

Rollo

Thanks!  Good to be back!

So, day 3.  woke up super late.  Worked out hard yesterday so that probably tired me out, and didn't have enough time to cook and make it to work on time.  Oh well...work loses today.  I decided that it's a PRIORITY that I eat W30 and workout.  So, cooked breakfast and lunch and got to work late.  (snuck in)

Meal 1 - 2 eggs, 2 strips of Pederson's bacon (compliant) and some red & yellow bell peppers and carrots.  small handful of cashews.

So far, I'm on track!

Well...what should be Day 4 is Day 1.

Last night got stuck to work so late that I missed the first hour of a class I take from 7-10.  Had no time to stop by the store.  And by the time I got food, it was practically 11 pm.  So, ravenous and not thinking clearly, let's just say that I didn't have to get out of my car in order to order and receive the food I then ate.

BUT...not daunted in any way!!  I'm still super excited about eating clean (healthy? paleo? W30? what's the best adjective to describe it?)

This morning woke up with the thought that hey, today's ALSO gonna be super crazy with my schedule (another class 7-10 straight from work) and I may not have time. So, I allllmost gave in and just decided to eat SAD today.

But didn't.  I remembered I still had a little NNPCPS.  Heated it up and ate it before leaving for work.  It seemed a bit low on veggies, so I grabbed whatever baby carrots were left from the 1 pound bag and ate those in the car along with a handful of cashews.

I didn't have time to cook, so I have no food with me, but rather than let that get in my way, I'm gonna pick up a rotisserie chicken from WF for lunch along with 2 servings of veggies, so I'll have lunch and dinner.

So, Day 1 shoooould be a success. 

But I do need to find "emergency keep in the car doesn't need a fridge will do the trick on those nights when work and the rest of life gets in the way from me being able to even get to the store" food.

Rollo

Archived