Hit a Wall, Hard!

Hi! I am on day 21 and for the past 4 days have felt horrible. This is a drastic change from earlier days in the program where I felt energized, happy, motivated, not bloated, etc. I just finished my period (which was very mild for once, yeah!) and now feel so grumpy, tired, headache, sad, and unmotivated. I have been 100% Whole30 compliant (and ate very clean before starting), going to bed early, waking up with the sun, working out hard 3 times a week with light work outs in between 2 other days. Below is a sample menu. I take fermented cod liver oil, probiotics, enzymes, multi vitamin, and salt bile tabs. Weight hasn't budged, stomach is gassy, bloated, and stools are just runny. I am miserable! 

Breakfast: frittata with red bell peppers, zucchini, green onions and ghee. Avocado and some strawberries. 1 cup of coffee with coconut milk. 

Lunch: Tuna with homemade mayo tons of chopped veggies (carrots, black olives, celery root, fennel) and pecans over arugula and avocado. 

Dinner: Grass fed beef ribeye with side of sautéed cabbage with EVO and vinegar, sautéed zucchini with EVO. 

No snacks on non workout days. Water intake is enough to keep my urine very pale yellow. I don't measure my water intake but I feel i drink plenty. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I hit something similar in the last week of my Whole30 and I was told in one of these forums that this is your body basically saying, "NO! NO! DANGER! GO BACK!" -- to the old less healthy but familiar way of life. We are designed to stay in a fixed, homeostatic state, and any attempt to change it, even if for the better, rings fire alarm bells in our systems.

Push on, you'll get past it. Good luck!

I hit something similar in the last week of my Whole30 and I was told in one of these forums that this is your body basically saying, "NO! NO! DANGER! GO BACK!" -- to the old less healthy but familiar way of life. We are designed to stay in a fixed, homeostatic state, and any attempt to change it, even if for the better, rings fire alarm bells in our systems.

Push on, you'll get past it. Good luck!

Thank you GlennR. I appreciate the words of support. Carrying on.....through the fire! 

LauraH, The only starchy veggie that I see in your meals is carrots. Are you eating other starchy veggies like sweet potatoes, squash, plantains, etc? Since you are not eating any grains or sugar on the whole30 you need to make sure you get your carbs somewhere. I am not an expert but maybe this is why you feel this way. Just a thought. I hope you feel better soon.

I sort of felt this way this week when I was jet lagged. Missed a meal and was stuck at the airport. Sounds to me like not enough carbs. I roast carrots and they go a long way to satisfying me.

Archived