How much does your experience follow the timeline?

Okay, I know this is a completely ridiculous question and you will probably hate me for it, but... I'm on day 4, and according to the timeline I'm supposed to be in the "Kill all the things!" stage, but I haven't had any negative symptoms at all and eating this way has been surprisingly really easy.

So my question is--how universal is the timeline? Do most people find that it is eerily accurate? or is it just a sweeping generalization of things that may or may not happen.

Not that I'm wishing for bad symptoms, and I'm sure that they could show up any day now. I'm just wondering.

For me, it was pretty much spot on, but not for others. The timeline is a guideline; not everyone hits the stages at the same time. Some don't hit some of the stages at all.

I get the carb flu the second or third day, and that's it. No kill all the things, no tiger blood either. But I've been paleo for over a year now, so the only difference between whole30 and my regular diet is sweeteners/sugar.

Physically my timeline was different (No carb flu or hangover, I felt great almost instantly). But for the mental stuff it was bang on (rough cravings around day 10 or 11, 'ugh is this over yet I want PIZZA!' around day 24, and 'scared to be done' is cropping up now mixed with 'well it's almost as good as 30 days' (I'm on day 26).

I ate fairly well before (all meals were health real foods made from scratch) the only difference was eating junk in the evenings once all my meals were done. So maybe it wasn't a huge physical shock to my body but mentally I missed the treats I was getting in the evenings??

My first w30 I was also quitting coffee. I was pretty much in kill all things phase for the first two weeks. My head hurt so badly I couldn't stand up straight. It hurt to walk. I also had the carb flu. I never made it to "tiger blood."

My second w30 was pretty on target. Though I had a burst of feeling amazing in the first couple days and then felt crabby. But I didn't feel things as dramatically as the timeline stated.

My timeline has been all over the place! Last time, my 3rd Whole30, was pretty much the timeline to a T (until I caught a cold in the last few days).

This is round 4, and I'm all over the place! Kill All the Things happened right on schedule, but everything else has been out of whack. I felt AWESOME for a few days early on, but now, almost 3 weeks in, I just want a nap.

I've found this incredibly easy. I ate pretty clean anyway. No problems. No cravings. I've been traveling and became non compliant. I'm home. now and back to day 1 easily and gladly.

• 1 year later...

I didn't experience KAT.  That would not be my normal no matter what I was doing.   Eating 3 wonderful meals aday put me into a really good place.  I did enjoy the Tiger Blood.  I laughed and thought everything was hilarious.    I think the Whole 30 intensifies who you really are at the core.   Body.  Mind.  Spirit.

Archived