First Whole30 for Kaetee

kaeteee

I will be starting my first Whole30 tomorrow, May 5th.  I tried clean eating back in October to help with gluten intolerance and I could definitely feel and see the difference; but unfortunately working 18 hours a day got in the way of meal prep.  My hours at work have finally calmed down and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep with this for 30 days and beyond.  I will love to gain control of my gluten intolerance and help with my pcos.  I have spent the past two days creating a menu for this week and meal prepping.  I feel as though my biggest obstacle will be the long span in between lunch and dinner; I have to eat when the children at work eat, which is practically breakfast time.  I bought some larabars incase of a dire emergency.  It is only 30 days, I should have the will power to stick with this.

I am also starting my first Whole30 tomorrow.  I have never tried anything like clean eating.  I can work some really crazy hours too and know that will be a challenge.  I also keep telling myself that it is only 30 days!  Good luck!

My first day seemed to go off without a hitch!

Breakfast 715a - egg salad made with homemade mayo and dijon, bacon, and blueberries. Tomorrow I definitely need to add some sort of veggie; but I was full after I ate and was still full when it came time to eat lunch.

Lunch 1115a - Crock pot chicken with Texas Pete's, roasted butternut squash (soo yummy!), blueberries.  If I could have ate later in the day I would have.  I couldn't finish it all; I probably had about 2/3 of my plate.

Mini-meal 3ish - the remainder of my chicken and butternut squash.

Dinner 630p - Ground beef with compliant taco seasoning, stir fried broccoli slaw with ghee, and texas pete's

I also made coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon, but the kids at worked kept me from enjoying it.  I had water with lemon all day.  I feel as though I might not be eating the correct portions, so if anyone has any feedback feel free to comment.

Just follow the template for portions.  The beauty of the Whole30 is there is no calorie counting or food measuring.  Just 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegtables and a thumb of fat. From reading logs it seems many people have trouble getting enough vegetables but todays log looks pretty good to me.

My first day seemed to go off without a hitch!

Breakfast 715a - egg salad made with homemade mayo and dijon, bacon, and blueberries. Tomorrow I definitely need to add some sort of veggie; but I was full after I ate and was still full when it came time to eat lunch.

Lunch 1115a - Crock pot chicken with Texas Pete's, roasted butternut squash (soo yummy!), blueberries.  If I could have ate later in the day I would have.  I couldn't finish it all; I probably had about 2/3 of my plate.

Mini-meal 3ish - the remainder of my chicken and butternut squash.

Dinner 630p - Ground beef with compliant taco seasoning, stir fried broccoli slaw with ghee, and texas pete's

I also made coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon, but the kids at worked kept me from enjoying it.  I had water with lemon all day.  I feel as though I might not be eating the correct portions, so if anyone has any feedback feel free to comment.

Welcome!

Check your dijon and bacon ingredients to ensure they are compliant. Look out for wine in the dijon and sugar, honey or other sweetener in the bacon.

Welcome!

Check your dijon and bacon ingredients to ensure they are compliant. Look out for wine in the dijon and sugar, honey or other sweetener in the bacon.

Both the bacon and dijon are compliant; I checked and double checked the ingredients, lol.  I also went by several suggestion that I saw throughout the boards.

Day two had me craving for every salty type of junk food!!  The snack person in my classroom brought in chips today, but I resisted!  Today wasn't bad until about 3 or so and I began to have a migraine, but had a mini meal and it held off until about an hour before dinner.  I tried eating more veggies today to keep my hunger down and it worked somewhat but tomorrow I am going to add more fat with dinner because I am becoming hungry about an hour and a half after I eat.

Breakfast 715a - 2 hardboiled eggs, homemade mayo, butternut squash, bacon, and a banana

Lunch 1115a - A ton of broccoli, chicken with hot sauce, olives, and strawberries

Mini Meal 3ish - Chicken and broccoli

Dinner 730p - Ground Beef with taco seasoning, hot sauce, 50/50 salad mix, and butternut squash (I definitely need to add fat to dinner)

I upped my water intake from 3 bottles to 4, hoping to add an additionally bottle tomorrow; lemon sliced definitely make it easier.  Looking to maybe adding strawberries to my water tomorrow. No coffee today, which may have been my migraine culprit.  Onto day 3!

Day three was EXCELLENT! I finally feel as though I got all of the right portions!  Breakfast kept me full until Lunch, and Lunch kept me full until 630p.  No mini meal today!!  And I only had a minor headache today that went away after I ate.  I was a little tired right before lunch, but then was fine for the rest of the day.  I think I might skip fruit at breakfast and only eat it with lunch; I feel as though the strawberries gave me a little pick me up.

Breakfast - 2 hardboiled eggs, homemade mayo, bacon, coffee w/ coconut milk

Lunch - Butternut squash, chicken with hot sauce, strawberries, and a spoon of raw almond butter

Dinner - a hamburger w/ onions mixed in (so delicious), mayo and Tessemae's Ketchup, butternut squash (felt like I was eating fries with my burger!), and a side salad w/ Tessemae's Zesty Ranch

5 bottles of water today!!!

I am super excited for Day 4!!!

Day 4 was good.  I was a little tired this morning after dinner, but I think it was the activity that I was doing with the children at work.  I had a mild headache this afternoon but that was due more to the Florida heat and the lack of water.  

Breakfast was the usual - 3 hardboiled eggs, mayo, bacon, strawberries

Lunch - Chicken with Tessemae's bbq sauce and broccoli with ghee, banana

I ate a larabar out of boredom more than hunger around 330 or so this afternoon

Dinner - hamburger, mayo, dijon, ketchup, a slice of bacon, roasted sweet potatoes, and a couple of bites of broccoli/cauliflower mix

Onto Day 5!!! Week 1 almost complete!!

I am glad day 5 is over! I was definitely irritable all day long, everyone annoyed me.  And I was under stress later in the day and caught myself almost eating, but I stopped when I realized what I was about to do.

Breakfast - hardboiled eggs, mayo, bacon, sweet potatoes

Lunch - chicken with tessemae's hot sauce, broccoli and cauliflower mix with ghee, apple

Dinner - hamburger, sweet potatoes, broc/cauli mix with ghee

Finished day 6!!!  Today was a lot better than I expected it to be; I was hungrier earlier than I normally am for lunch, but I am going to attribute that to both the heat and my busy schedule at work.  I am excited to reach day 7 and have week one under my belt.

Breakfast - fried eggs, bacon, sweet potato hash

Lunch - bacon, sweet potato hash, chicken w/hot sauce

Dinner - ground beef w/ taco seasoning, onions, 50/50 mix salad

I just realized I forgot fat with my meals today. oops.. 

Today was a bit out of the norm for me today.  I wasn't home for lunch and wasn't prepared to eat while I was out so I had to have an emergency larabar.  But while I was out I did experience a tea that I actually like for the first time!  

Breakfast 10am - fried eggs, s. potato hash, bacon

No Lunch, emergency larabar, banana

Dinner 630pm - Grilled chicken breast, s. potato w/ghee

Two glasses of Tazo Passion Tea (unsweetened)

I am so happy with my results so far.  I am sleep better and having more vivid dreams, so far no food dreams.  My skin is beginning to clear up.  My only problem is my bm, but I am going to eat more broccoli and cauliflower to hopefully that will help. 

Onto week 2!!!

Day 8 was probably my best day yet!! No headache and no hunger!!!

Breakfast - egg salad, compliant veggie pouch (didn't eat much of either b/c I wasn't hungry), passion tea

Lunch - chicken wings and a whole lot of broccoli

Afternoon - Unsweetened Passion tea

Dinner - fried eggs, s. potato, hm sausage

Day 9!! This has been getting easier and easier! Ever since I tried passion tea on Sunday, I have been exploring my options with the tazo teas.  Tomorrow morning I am going to try their Chai Tea, I already know I like chai tea lattes so hopefully I will like this.  Tried their mint tea this evening and loved it.  Hopefully I will find a tea that I will be able to drink everyday and avoid going back to coke (which I am addicted to).

It has been hard getting all of my breakfast down the last two days so I just stopped eating when I felt full, but I haven't had any hunger pains before it is time to eat lunch.  I will take that as a sign that I am beginning to read my own body's cues.  My lunches have been filling and I am able to last for 7 hours without eating! Hopefully when summer comes I will get on a more normal eating schedule but this one is working for now.

Bfast 715ish - 1 1/2 egg muffins, 2 small sausage meatballs, 1/2 c. s. potato hash

Lunch 1115ish - Chicken wings, broccoli w/ ghee, s. potato hash

Dinner - Hamburger w/ dijon, broccoli/cauliflower mix w/ ghee, s. potato hash

Archived