Starting today + measurements

katham

Starting Whole30 today and took measurements.

Excited to see the outcome as I have felt hopeless as of late.

I eat gluten free for the most part, don't drink sodas, no fast food, not much dairy, very little soy, etc and I work out every single day. Yet my body is all out of wack. Can't loose this "tire" around my stomach, digestion biasses, sometimes great energy sometimes none.

Height' 5'10

Weight- 154.4 

Arm: 9 1/2 

Chest 36

Smallest part of waist- 31

Waist- 39 1/2

Butt- 40

Upper leg- 21 1/2

Leg (8 in up) 19

I think the hardest thing to do for me is the no drinking but I am so ready for this jump start!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated 

What do your workouts consist of? Every day is really not recommended; depending on the type/intensity, it can be really stressful on your body and actually be counterproductive to weight loss.

• 2 weeks later...

HI JJB, Sorry I just saw your post. I run around 3-4 miles 3 times a week and do weight training + a little cardio the other days and play tennis in between. I would love any feedback you have!

I'm sorry, I'm certainly no expert. I have learned a lot from browsing the athletes forum, you might want to start there. I think the general idea is that lots of running/cardio can raise your cortisol levels, which makes it difficult to lose fat. Weight training and especially high intensity interval training seem to be the most popular for fat loss. If any of your cardio activities are just in an attempt to lose weight, i.e. not something you really enjoy doing...maybe you should consider giving them up for a month or two and focus either on your diet (during your W30) or try more weights/interval training. It could be an interesting experiment for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Arm: 9 1/2 

Chest 36

Smallest part of waist- 31

Waist- 39 1/2

Butt- 40

Upper leg- 21 1/2

Leg (8 in up) 19

Final Amounts:

Weight: 143

Arm: 9

Chest 35