Do I Need to Start Over?

Brittany208

Okay, if this is a dumb question, don't be mean. I'm completely new to this--only heard about it a week ago and dove right in after reading a ton online.

So I know that I cannot have white potatoes, and that I can have sweet potatoes, but I thought that red potatoes were okay... until after I was already eating them and then doubled checked to make sure. I had 1-2 grilled red potatoes.

The rules (at least, where I could find) said it was an arbitrary ruling that was more because of the connection between French fries than nutrition. I don't have a French fry problem (I rarely, rarely eat fast food).

Do I need to start over?

I'm experiencing no negative side effects. In fact, I'm at the end of Day 5, having done really great on everything but those potatoes, and I feel great. No negative symptoms at all.

A mod will say for sure, but I'm pretty certain it's that red potatoes are not "OK," but that because they don't irritate your gut like soy or grains or dairy would, you don't have to restart if you accidentally have some. Kind of like accidentally having salad dressing with honey or something.

Does this mean that red potatoes are OK or that they do not require a restart? I had thought all potatoes were a no go unless they were sweet potatoes.

Red potatoes are not Whole30 compliant. Accidentally eating them does not require a restart.

Archived