No morning appetite?

Rbv93

I have never been big on breakfast. I've been trying to create that habit for myself, I'm finding it difficult. In the morning I get up and I am just not hungry at all. I try to eat some protein (egg) and maybe some fruit. I even try sweet potato hash browns. Even when eating, I just do not want it. I basically have to force myself to eat breakfast. Any suggestions for a fast breakfast? Anyone else having this same problem? Hopefully it will go away when I form my new habit?

I was never a big breakfast eater, either.  My ideal meal was 2 cups of coffee with cream.  I would start eating at like 11 AM, in which time it would push my lunch back a few hours, too. 

I prepared myself mentally to start eating earlier for this.  I made an egg bake and froze it to eat for the week. I'm now tired of eggs.  I plan on eating soup tomorrow morning. 

I think you'll start getting used to eating earlier once you start. Don't eat a few hours before bedtime, and you should wake up hungry :)

• Moderators

You should eat within an hour of waking, doing this helps reset your cortisol to the proper levels at the proper times. Your appetite will soon follow. Coffee can be an appetite suppressant, so try to eat before your coffee if you're not feeling hungry.

Keep the faith!

I would also add to not start with fruit if you can. What I usually advise people with this issue to do is create a minimum template meal (1 palm portion of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies, 1 serving of fat) and eat as much of it as you can visiting each component within an hour of waking. If you have leftovers than eat them later in the morning as a mini meal. If you do this consistently your body will adjust and you should be able to eventually have the full meal. Remember that a palm sized portion of eggs as your protein is as many whole eggs as you can hold in your open hand. For most women this is at least 3, for men I would guess at least 4. 

Archived