Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnaberry74

beef ribs ideas....

My hubby has requested beef ribs tonight, but as I usually make them with a honey mustard sauce or Italian style with tomatoes (which I'm allergic to), I've run into a wall! My creativity says to crockpot short ribs with dried plums and apricots.

Yay or nay?

As long as the dried plums and apricots are compliant (e.g., no sugar, sweetener, or sulfur dioxide), then it would be a yay.

Yay, because I started making them!

I have non - sorbate pitted prunes ( Ingredients: pitted California dried plums), and Trader Joe's organic Turkish apricots (Ingredients: just organic Turkish apricots!).

I included Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, dried powdered mustard, garlic, salt and pepper :).

Nom Nom Paleo has an amazing Korean BBQ recipe for short ribs. It's compliant and awesome. I make it almost once a week w brisket. Next time!

I just bought Nom Nom's book at Costco last week :). I follow her on Facebook, too. Her recipes are great!

I'll try her Korean ribs next time :). My ribs came out pretty darn tasty last night, though! I just hit my limit with red meat yesterday and am vegan for today now...lol.

I made the ribs with mango coleslaw and steamed artichoke.

post-43692-0-39731900-1399485800_thumb.j