Day 28, going to a party

LisaLulu

Well I'm on day 28 and tonight we have to go to a friend's dinner with the kids. Most of our social engagements are with my husbands family who eat very clean so I have been fine up until now with plenty of compliant foods to eat when we get together. His friend having the birthday today is NOT a healthy eater and I know what's on the menu is chicken parm and cake and goodies. 

I just loaded up on steak and salad and a couple handfuls of raisins as a treat to keep me full and less tempted at the party. But it's going to suck!!!

Yeah, just eat before you go. I find visualization usually helps. (Like I'll imagine myself leaving the party, feeling good for staying compliant.) I fell off the wagon on day 26 at a party and instead of my usual visualizations instead I felt myself waffling on whether I'd have wine. And I did.

So go in strong. I'd personally skip raisins bc opening that sugar door is a bad place for me before a party with tempting food. I think loading up on steak and a salad with lots of avocado and fat is the best route. Also make sure you have sparkling water.

You can do this. It'll feel great.

I survived. There were some people with gluten allergies there too so they cooked the plain chicken in plain tomatoes and they had fresh fruit instead of cake for dessert!! They did have a fancy box of chocolates so I took one, wrapped it up and brought it home for when my reintro is done.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WholeStanley

I'm taking inspiration from the fact you survived! Ihave two parties on day 28 and 29 and I can just hear the "you've only got one day left so why not just go for it and have some cake" comments already.

I'm gonna try that visualisation thing though and stary strong!

well done!

Archived