Day 6 and still wanting to kill all things

I'm just about 32 weeks pregnant and on day 6 of my whole 30. One of the reasons I started doing this is because my body doesn't do well with sugar I turn into a monster and I'm addicted to it. I thought this would help me wet healthy clean out my gut and to go off sugar again. I've been so ornery the last few days. I haven't had any physical withdrawals except a little achy for half a day I think on day 2 or 3. I was just hoping since I was going off sugar I would be that monster anymore and don't know if I'm being much better. Please tell me it's a phase and will go away really soon. I know hormones change again at the end and mood swings come but I'm getting afraid it's going to stay. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Your title made me chuckle :-) I'm only on day 4, so can't tell you one way or the other, but if nothing else, within about 8 weeks you should be through the worst of it hormonally! 

Seriously, don't underestimate the pregnancy component to mood, there's a lot of hormones flowing around!! I wast quite nasty and becoming more so with each subsequent pregnancy and towards the end especially. If my sugar supply had suddenly disappeared, I would have been very, very bad company, so kuddos to you for trying to get away from the sugar!!

Good luck!

Well I had to cut sugar out because it does make me very ornery. I have refusing to go on anti-depressants I had to with my last pregnancy when I was 3 months I've know now how sugar affects me so I wanted to do something about It I hate taking meds. I've been able to handle it enough to be better with this pregnancy for the most of my first trimester I didn't eat sugar either and it helped a ton. I'm just really hoping this is a phase. I'm sure though that it has a lot to do with pregnancy I've been getting stressed because I have Ton to do and need help and my husband has been really busy. I do use oils to help too.

It'll pass! I think days 6-10 were hard for me, then I felt awesome. I'm now on day 24 (at 26 weeks pregnant) and am feeling a little weepy, but not nearly as bad as I was. I do this, in part, because I've been reactive hypoglycemic since childhood, so I can relate to the sugar monster. 

Are you eating some healthy starchy carbs (sweet potatoes, etc.)? I ate a big sweet potato a day during that phase, and that seemed to help. 

I eat a lot of sweet potatoes I usually eat 2 a day breakfast and dinner to help me get full. I've been really hungry but I'm thinking it might be effecting my digestion I've been feeling constipated. Unless my stomach is still adjusting. I might be eating to many fruits too, does fruit effect you if you eat to much?

Eating a lot of fruit can affect the GI tract. You might find that your need for fruit will go down. When I started this W30, I felt like I needed a LOT of fruit (including dried fruits) to combat the sugar dragon. I was just thinking this morning about how much my fruit intake has gone down in the past few days, which makes sense because my sugar cravings have gone down as well. 

As far as the constipation, i've had that issue this pregnancy as well. Soaking some chia seeds in water and then drinking it once a day has helped me. Also, lots and lots of water to go with all that veggie/fruit fiber you are eating. 

Archived