Allergic to eggs

There are a boat load of non egg breakfasts ideas on the forum.  Searching the forum via Google is easiest.  Type Whole30 non egg breakfasts, and you'll get links to several past threads that discuss this topic.

I am doing AIP, which is more limited than even whole30 (no eggs, nightshades, nuts or seeds) so I either have leftovers from dinner the night before, or pull a home-made sausage patty from the freezer and crumble it in a pan with sweet potato, shallots, and kale for a breakfast skillet.

I make my own patties out of ground pork with a few spices (mild) and bake them and freeze them. Then I microwave them each morning with some sweet potatoes that I pre-baked.

I'm severely intolerant of eggs and what I do for breakfast is just eat dinner leftovers. I can't face them right away so first I have a glass of water, then a few berries and then when I feel true hunger I tuck in to the leftovers.

Many people here think of breakfast as "meal 1," which is to say just another meal. It's kind of strange--when you're used to eating meat/fish + veg for breakfast--that we have this conception that you have to eat sweet carbs or eggs for breakfast.

It's totally normal now for me to eat just another template meal for breakfast. I'm also on AIP and don't eat eggs. I think eating a non-breakfast breakfast is easier and keeps me full for longer. :)

I actually have always disliked breakfast foods of all types so my habit in the past would always be to eat a bit of toast and/or fruit and then get into the leftovers an hour later. By 9 am I am starving for some real food. Now I just make sure there are enough leftovers/foods for a breakfast AND lunch each day, then I cook dinner fresh every evening.

GFChris,, 

why is it that the search feature does not work here on the site?

The forum search feature works, but it's not as good or as advanced as Google. Since Google uses more advanced technology, using Google to search gives more accurate results. Also, the forum search requires a four character minimum for words: Google does not.

• 1 month later...

I have been eating from the paleo "template" for almost 3 years, which means that I have stopped thinking that morning meal is limited to a specific type of food. Funny, I never thought that would happen!

I generally just have leftovers from previous days. Yesterday I had chicken vegetable soup made with bone broth, the day before was coconut green curry with tons of veggies, and ground beef. Yum!!!

Archived